Pipe install and Dyno Tune Needed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pipe install and Dyno Tune Needed

Merkid

I am considering taking my 2012 GSX1250FA in for a performance exhaust installation and dialing in on a dyno.

Can anyone refer me to a shop in the west end, preferable somewhere in Peel region ?

Also any recommendation on a pipe that is not too crazy loud?

So are you going to do a before and after dyno test?
(y) that would be very cool.

So are you going to do a before and after dyno test?
(y) that would be very cool.
Or depressing.

EDIT:
Make sure you have a discussion with the shop so they understand what you want. Although it is fun to get the peak numbers, I would have them spend most of their time at part throttle as you could get a large improvement in driveability which imo is more important than a bit more power at full-throttle. I'm not sure how much the shop can tune the fuel with the stock computer so my comment may not matter unless you are adding a bazzaz or pc5.

Last edited:
If you're open to other options outside of Peel there is "Speedworks performance and tuning" in Newmarket. I believe they specialize in only motorcycle dyno tuning.

If you don't test it before mods to establish a base line, how do you know if or how much your mods improved or degraded the performance.

hindle makes a can in "stealth" configuration (less noise), they also advertise dyno tuning in addition to making exhaust systems - but they are located way west of you. might be worth a look.

Riders Choice stated that they wanted me to purchase a power commander or other similar tuning device (was looking at the Rapid Bike ECU as well) prior to tuning my bike.

Why is that the case? Why cant they directly dyno tune the bike ECU like they do with cars? I have no need for the factory tune...motorcycle manufacturers do not encrypt the ECUs, do they? I know that was a trend started with Deere and now FCA as well.

Riders Choice stated that they wanted me to purchase a power commander or other similar tuning device (was looking at the Rapid Bike ECU as well) prior to tuning my bike.

Why is that the case? Why cant they directly dyno tune the bike ECU like they do with cars? I have no need for the factory tune...motorcycle manufacturers do not encrypt the ECUs, do they? I know that was a trend started with Deere and now FCA as well.

they can. an ECU flash is a possibility. talk with a variety of shops for different opinions/options before you decide whats best for you.

Often it's cheaper to do what the shop recommends. Updating a flash can take many minutes, PC can update the fuel map in seconds. Over the course of dialing in a motor, those saved minutes could turn in to saved hours of dyno time.

Back
Top Bottom