Pilot Road 4 tires wearing out quickly | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pilot Road 4 tires wearing out quickly

Images didn't work for me either.

Regardless, I agree with Brian's thought that since I was riding the bike hard for pretty much the entire 7000km, it's not the tires, but the type of use they were subjected to. Hard cornering, hard braking, hard acceleration, packed into so many more miles than normal is the outlier here, with the added factor of riding on hot roads. In addition to wearing out the tires quicker, my fuel consumption went up, my oil consumption went up and most importantly, my smiles per mile went up.

I just bought the Michelin Road 5's and they feel nice.

First hand experienced, confirmed by several other riders.
They can use the same construction process and use an identical mold, but not all tire rubber is created equal.

But how do know which country has the best compound. Its not as simple as NA good, overseas bad.

But how do know which country has the best compound. Its not as simple as NA good, overseas bad.
Correct, all it does for you is the knowledge of when you find a good one or a bad one, what to watch for next time you are buying the same model tires. Particularly helpful if you are ordering them sight unseen from the dealer.

... come to think of it I should probably go put a new back tire on my bike before the next bunch of events, the one on there now is at least a year old and probably has several hundred kilometres on it :|

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom