Pickup truck vs trailer vs van | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pickup truck vs trailer vs van

HUH? WHAT?
You guys park your car or truck in the garage?

NOPE SORRY you're doing it wrong.
A single garage can hold two riding bikes, tool box, parts and a lift... and ya' gotta keep jamming stuff in there till you can hardly move, same bike has been on the lift for 4 years(mostly because you can't figure HOW to get the thing out of there, maybe we'll call Jamie with the "rotater"), ya got enough parts to to build 87% of 14 different bikes....
And when you're spending all your time and money on bikes, who can afford a $70k truck. You drive a shitbox and it sits out in the snow... and IT LIKES IT.
But the wife doesn't. She'll complain... and when she says YOU should do something about the garage, she is NOT suggesting adding a second floor and annexing some driveway for a double wide.
I feel like you're the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come. I've got two bikes and a lift squeezed into our tiny one-car detatched garage, and the wife is not happy tripping over parts boxes on the way to the deep freeze. The 'back-up parts' box gets bigger daily. Was literally just informed a box containing an extra subframe, reg/rec, ECU and throttle bodies has arrived as I type this. CDI box, thermostat delete, clip-ons, Scotts damper mount kit and Factory Pro shift star are in transit. Every time I think I'm done, I find new bits I 'need'...

How you design an attractive bike like that and then hang a set of dogs bollocks on the back to hold a plate?

I've always appreciated the indents in the tank for the knees to grip when you're hanging off the bike. Nice design choice.
Tank pads, sheesh.

My CX7 is an 08 so now 13yrs old and just starting to rust so no knocks on Mazda for that. But when you buy the extended rust protection you expect them to honour it. BTW vehicle was always garage kept (insulated but I heated).
Wife and I are much happier with vehicles inside garage and it’s 44’x28’ and also a 20’x20’ detached so space for toys isn’t an issue with cars inside (country livin y’all).

With trials? He bangs the emissions drum almost as often as the trials drum. Besides, it's beautiful.
I know, I’m trying to get him going again

QUIT RUINING IT GG

Back on the original topic ;) if you need a trailer for occasional use and storage is a concern you really can't beat a single rail trailer like the Trailer-in-a-bag. It's actually a bit cheaper than the price you see there if you pick it up at their factory in Cambridge. I fit the entire thing in the back of my hatchback.

I've put close to 30,000km on one believe it or not. Probably not the intended application, but it worked. The fenders are not great and will break off so I'd recommend removing them or reinforcing them. I contacted the factory after the first set broke and they sent me a replacement set which still broke ?‍♂️ Ended up just taking them off completely and driving the rest of the way home without fenders, no one ever stopped me.

Back on the original topic ;) if you need a trailer for occasional use and storage is a concern you really can't beat a single rail trailer like the Trailer-in-a-bag. It's actually a bit cheaper than the price you see there if you pick it up at their factory in Cambridge. I fit the entire thing in the back of my hatchback.

I've put close to 30,000km on one believe it or not. Probably not the intended application, but it worked. The fenders are not great and will break off so I'd recommend removing them or reinforcing them. I contacted the factory after the first set broke and they sent me a replacement set which still broke ?‍♂️ Ended up just taking them off completely and driving the rest of the way home without fenders, no one ever stopped me.
I've been thinking about getting one of these but I am guess you can't tow them empty? I would only really use it when buying bikes so a one way trip home.

How long does it take to set-up curbside? How much cheaper is it than the advertised price?

I've also been looking at these which look like a HF copy. Ideally I would store it in my shed but I can see myself being entirely too lazy to fold it up and actually get it in there.

www.htstrailers.com or the freedom trailer model that goes on sale at costco sometime...

Back
Top Bottom