Paying HST on a used bike??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paying HST on a used bike???

m.benn84

I looking at buying a used bike for 10K, I will be the potential third owner of the bike in which our government has already collected 26% and of course will want my 13 points as well. My question is whats a safe number when I go pay the piper and have the ownership switched? I sure as hell don't want to give them another 1300 bucks!!:p

I looking at buying a used bike for 10K, I will be the potential third owner of the bike in which our government has already collected 26% and of course will want my 13 points as well. My question is whats a safe number when I go pay the piper and have the ownership switched? I sure as hell don't want to give them another 1300 bucks!!:p

Anywhere between 1$ and 10,000$.

You are asking how to evade taxes "safely"

ITT: White knights defending the government that doesn't really give a **** about us.

As long as you and the owner are on the same page, you can put it down for $1. I'd do maybe $200, but once again, make sure you and the seller are on the same page with that, because they could send out letters verifying.

Of course, this assumes UVIPs for bikes still don't have a blue book value.

ITT: White knights defending the government that doesn't really give a **** about us.

As long as you and the owner are on the same page, you can put it down for $1. I'd do maybe $200, but once again, make sure you and the seller are on the same page with that, because they could send out letters verifying.

Of course, this assumes UVIPs for bikes still don't have a blue book value.

+1

Just make sure if the seller ever gets a letter asking to verify the purchase price they simply throw it out, and you do the same

+1

Just make sure if the seller ever gets a letter asking to verify the purchase price they simply throw it out, and you do the same

Oh, so you can just ignore the request for verification? I thought you'd be forced to reply back within a certain timeframe.

Cool lets start cherry picking what laws to follow. Apparently that's accepted.

Cool lets start cherry picking what laws to follow. Apparently that's accepted.

Yeah you know, sometimes when multi-billion dollar corporations evade taxes and get no repercussions, but god forbid a citizen his refuses to pay$1300 in tax.

Also, paying FULL taxes on used cars/bikes is probably the most blatant cash-grab from the gov't.

Lastly, as someone who is in school for law and not just some degenerate dropout who says "**** the police/the govt", just because something is a law doesn't make it right; because if this logic were sound, then the holocaust, segregation, laws against being homeless, laws against the gays etc etc would all be justified because they were against the law.

So yes, cherrypicking which laws to follow can be accepted for the most part. And paying full taxes on a used vehicle is one of those laws that should be laughed at and disregarded.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk

Ah
Fraud as a tax protest.
Yeah sure.

Since we're cherry picking here, why not save some real cash by stealing the bike, stealing a set of plates... oh and with a stolen bike there is no point in having insurance.
Think of all the money you save.

To sum up, both these posts are 100% correct;

...As long as you and the owner are on the same page, you can put it down for $1...

+1

1) Make sure both you and the seller are on the same page
2) Put down $1 on the bill of sale
3) When transferring ownership at the MTO, you will be asked for the purchase price. Confirm with them it was $1.
4) Pay the $0.13 in tax

*You and/or the seller may be sent a letter requesting purchase price; throw it out.
*You and/or the seller may be sent a second letter, throw it out as well.
*You and/or the seller may be sent a third letter (though unlikely), throw it out as well!

enjoy your $1300 in savings!

/thread...

Yeah you know, sometimes when multi-billion dollar corporations evade taxes and get no repercussions, but god forbid a citizen his refuses to pay$1300 in tax.

Also, paying FULL taxes on used cars/bikes is probably the most blatant cash-grab from the gov't.

Lastly, as someone who is in school for law and not just some degenerate dropout who says "**** the police/the govt", just because something is a law doesn't make it right; because if this logic were sound, then the holocaust, segregation, laws against being homeless, laws against the gays etc etc would all be justified because they were against the law.

So yes, cherrypicking which laws to follow can be accepted for the most part. And paying full taxes on a used vehicle is one of those laws that should be laughed at and disregarded.

For someone who is in school for law, I would have hoped you would have come up with a better argument than "corporations evade" so its okay. Perhaps a refund is possible?

Segregation laws for example, people didnt choose to ignore it, rather they stood up against it. Do you think you are making any difference cherry picking laws you follow and laughing at the ones you feel should be disregarded?

For someone who is in school for law, I would have hoped you would have come up with a better argument than "corporations evade" so its okay. Perhaps a refund is possible?

Segregation laws for example, people didnt choose to ignore it, rather they stood up against it. Do you think you are making any difference cherry picking laws you follow and laughing at the ones you feel should be disregarded?

It wasn't an argument, it was an example of something far worse than a petty 1300 dollars, which seems to bother you oh so much, but the millions of dollars in taxes being evaded by corporations who break both your idea of the rule of law and tax law, doesn't seem to bother you enough to post something about it on a forum. I'm not going to write an academic paper with tonnes of examples for some random guy on the internet, I don't have time for that. This is the internet. sorry to disappoint.

As for your second point, and I knew this was going to happen because no one can read properly, that whole point about segregation was this: just because it's a law doesn't make it right. Not once did I say "hey I'm gonna get up and go change the system by not paying taxes". But I guess if.you inferred that from my post then maybe you've gotta re-read that.

Last edited:
It wasn't an argument, it was an example of something far worse than a petty 1300 dollars, which seems to bother you oh so much, but the millions of dollars in taxes being evaded by corporations who break both your idea of the rule of law and tax law, doesn't seem to bother you enough to post something about it on a forum. I'm not going to write an academic paper with tonnes of examples for some random guy on the internet, I don't have time for that. This is the internet. sorry to disappoint.

As for your second point, and I knew this was going to happen because no one can read properly, that whole point about segregation was this: just because it's a law doesn't make it right. Not once did I say "hey I'm gonna get up and go change the system by not paying taxes". But I guess if.you inferred that from my post then maybe you've gotta re-read that.

I like how you are comparing segregation laws to evading paying taxes on bikes. Priceless.

I like how you are comparing segregation laws to evading paying taxes on bikes. Priceless.

Lol you're actually being serious right now? Stop making strawman arguments to prove a point. You look like an idiot to anyone who can properly infer an argument. 2/3 of my posts are showing how you can't read or understand an argument in plain English.

I specifically devoted that second half of my second post to show you how the comment on segregation was to show how just because something is a law doesn't make it.right or wrong which was an attack of your first post which was premised on the idea that people cherrypick laws and this is inherently wrong(according to you). not segregation in itself, but the law which drives segregation, and you have the ******* audacity to repeat what I corrected you on. LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom