paying for gas | GTAMotorcycle.com

paying for gas

Lash

Pull up to the pumps and fill up. Go inside to pay and the guy says “take your helmet off” “Why”, I say? “Its the law” he says. “Screw you”I say. “you want my money or not? So is it a law ? I consider my helmet my Burka in this case...

pay at the pump
no interaction needed with unskilled labour

a burka, lol
or a plastic turban

On my way to GP Bikes to bring the bike in for service and ahead of schedule I had the same experience in a Tim's a few years ago. lady at the counter was happily serving me and this puke in the food prep area tells me to take my helmet off.

I said, "No." Gave the lady the 1.80, thanked her and left.

If I’m working or own a cash business yeah I’d want you to take a full face helmet off...I wouldn’t be pumped if you came in with a ski mask on either. Half helmet no problem.

Edit. I guess if you’ve already pumped gas and clearly coming into pay it shouldn’t be a problem. Still not sure I’d be comfortable with it but you could convince me to see it both ways.

If I’m working or own a cash business yeah I’d want you to take a full face helmet off...I wouldn’t be pumped if you came in with a ski mask on either. Half helmet no problem.

Edit. I guess if you’ve already pumped gas and clearly coming into pay it shouldn’t be a problem. Still not sure I’d be comfortable with it but you could convince me to see it both ways.
I'm with you - take your helmet off and save the needless hassle.

Say NO. You want the $ or not? I've kept mine on many times in the past. I just pay at the pumps mostly. NOT sitting on the bike.

Next time go as the Stig:
stig-on-the-bus-558c612c94b12.jpg

I'm not sure what difference it would make if you were sitting on the bike or beside it. The pump malfunctioned and it wouldn't have made a difference in this case. Unless he couldn't reach for the emergency stop button. I know when I pump while sitting on the bike I put my kick stand down in case I have to get off quickly. Plus when I'm pumping the gas I don't rely on the pump to automatically stop like when you are putting gas in a car. I am watching as the tank as its filling up and slowly stop it myself.

some members seem to have been sheltered
afraid of many things

like gassing you're bike
riding in jeans

and can't multi-task either
like paddling and sipping beer

the wanker in that video was too busy whining over $2 worth of gas
could have just turned the pump off and no big deal

shameful

some members seem to have been sheltered
afraid of many things

like gassing you're bike
riding in jeans

and can't multi-task either
like paddling and sipping beer

the wanker in that video was too busy whining over $2 worth of gas
could have just turned the pump off and no big deal

shameful
I think the term is "Bubble-wrapped Millennial".

Yep, had that happen in a bank once. Full face helmet with my visor (clear) all the way up. I had cash in one hand and my debit card in the other, took 5 minutes of arguing with the bank manager to let me deposit lol.

There is no law requiring you to remove your helmet in Ontario to be served in a retail establishment, or anywhere for that matter. you can leave it on at the border coming into Ontario if you like -- you just have to flip the screen and remove glasses if requested.

That said, you better like cavity searches if you test that one at a border crossing.

I once voted in a federal election with flip up face helmet on. I showed my ID, and of course I had the card they send in the mail with your polling station. They told me I couldn't vote. It was against the law. I said its no different than a Niquab, which some women of a certain religious group wear. They still refused to let me vote. I asked them to show me the law that they claimed existed. They couldn't produce it. So I stood there at the front of the line and waited. The line behind me got longer and longer. Folks started to get P.O' ed wondering what the dela was about. Feeling the heat from those impatient volters in the line, they relented and let me vote.

I've always been asked to remove my helmet when entering/exiting Canada
and yeah, it is an opportunity for yes sir/ma'am type of behaviour

Back
Top Bottom