Pavement is hard | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pavement is hard

revrandy

Site Supporter
So yesterday I am sitting in a parking lot, on my bike, behind another car while we wait for a pedestrian to finish crossing (in the crosswalk). Next thing I remember is a crunch sound and me standing next to my bike. A woman in an Expedition gets out and starts commenting how she never saw me and asking me why I parked on the road. Once reality was explained she became significantly nicer and wanted to know if I was hurt.

The bike didn't get too much damage - scratches on crash guard, hand guard and side bags plus a broken turn signal. When she saw the damage she had the audacity to say the scratches could be polished out and it wasn't anything to worry about. After exchanging information I contacted my insurance company. Then we contacted hers... interesting she never reported the accident and wouldn't answer the phone when I tried to contact her.

Damage comes in at ~$1,200. Finally tonight her husband called me and accepted responsibility and they would instruct the insurance company to pay. Yeah!

Fast forward to today and I couldn't figure out why my left arm kept hurting and carrying a bag of potato's was taxing, then I do the head slap moment - it is because the freakin pavement is hard and that is where I hit.

The pavement is your friend. It'll always be there to support you when you're down.

GWS.

Ya reverend, I'm still not feeling too sorry for you, after all.... your Canuck butt is out in California enjoying nice weather and it's around the single digits up here. :D Hope you feel better soon.

I see the dumbest things in a parking lot; scary to think these people are out on the road among other humans seconds later. A string of cars including me was lined up bumper to bumper to leave a parking lot. The guy in front of me suddenly reverses into my grill because he thought it would be nice to make room for one car on the road to get into the lot, even though he's four cars back from the road. ??????
I was so mad I shut off my car and set the hand brake so hard I ripped three of the four mounting bolts right through the floor pan of the car.

Ya reverend, I'm still not feeling too sorry for you, after all.... your Canuck butt is out in California enjoying nice weather and it's around the single digits up here. .

My Canadian butt is leaving California. I have decided to leave the church I am currently serving, most likely Jan or Feb. Not sure what is next, but I know this isn't where I should be.

My Canadian butt is leaving California. I have decided to leave the church I am currently serving, most likely Jan or Feb. Not sure what is next, but I know this isn't where I should be.

Try a new religion, heard this whole muslim thing is really catching on ;)

Wait wait wait wait.

Someone ACTUALLY acted properly and got the insurance companies involved immediately during an accident? Instead of coming onto the forums and asking what to do, telling us they were pretty swell people and that they trust them to pay up?

Good to know there are some smart people out there.

Wait wait wait wait.

Someone ACTUALLY acted properly and got the insurance companies involved immediately during an accident? Instead of coming onto the forums and asking what to do, telling us they were pretty swell people and that they trust them to pay up?

Good to know there are some smart people out there.

he means this guy!

I was trying to think of something original and witty to write but this kind of crap is happening so often I think all the original remarks have been made.

Glad it's only a bump on the arm but if it's a bruised tendon it can be a slow heal.

GWS revrandy.

I see the dumbest things in a parking lot; scary to think these people are out on the road among other humans seconds later. A string of cars including me was lined up bumper to bumper to leave a parking lot. The guy in front of me suddenly reverses into my grill because he thought it would be nice to make room for one car on the road to get into the lot, even though he's four cars back from the road. ??????
I was so mad I shut off my car and set the hand brake so hard I ripped three of the four mounting bolts right through the floor pan of the car.
when you start messing up your property because of someone else's piss poor judgement, its time think about going in for some anger management classes.

Dude, get yourself checked. if your arm is hurtin you could have some damage in there and could be something deeper than just an impact soreness.

at least if you got checked, their insurance would foot any medical rehab. better safe than sorry.

Dude, get yourself checked. if your arm is hurtin you could have some damage in there and could be something deeper than just an impact soreness.

at least if you got checked, their insurance would foot any medical rehab. better safe than sorry.

+1

Get well soon!

Good luck with the arm and thank God that it happened there and not somewhere else where the lady could have done some big time damage.

As for what to do next let God guide you. Good luck. And get well.

I think we should switch spots Randy, i don't have to resist the temptations of evil. :D

tumblr_lm3uw5L9Tt1qj2oeeo1_500.jpg

Glad to hear you didn't get squished!
Make her pay, then bless her little heart and hope her driving improves. :cool:

Woah rev...glad you're not dead! Sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you in Cali.

Back
Top Bottom