Pan America

Hmm. Spoked wheels or cast?
Orange/White or Grey/Black?
Skidplate?

The HD accessory catalog is huge.

Grow a beard?
Deepen my voice?
Get a tattoo?
My 5 yr old grandson Harley will like this.

Seriously thinking of doing this.
Am i nuts for buying a bike that i can only ride for about 90min in the evening?
how did you like the demo ride?

You liked the harley over the rest? A lot of money to be plonking down

Skidplate?

Grow a beard?
Deepen my voice?
Get a tattoo?
My heart says spoked wheels on an adventure bike. My wallet says cast as you are unlikely to get it in situations where the cast will fail.

Orange/white because I don't like the black.

Skidplate? Again, how many times will you get it into rocks where you may bash things? I don't like the battering the reg/rec will take without something even on a gravel road. I'd be tempted to wait and see if acerbis/motech come out with something but I don't know if they will bother. HD guard looks decent and I'm not sure if the PA buyers are going to follow typical HD pattern of picking accessories from the approved catalogue or the adv rider approach of bodging together lots of aftermarket pieces.

HD guard looks decent and I'm not sure if the PA buyers are going to follow typical HD pattern of picking accessories from the approved catalogue or the adv rider approach of bodging together lots of aftermarket pieces.
I watched a video on YouTube where they were putting on all the HD bit's & Bob's and they stated that the HD skid plate is very beefy. Dare to dream!

Skidplate?

Grow a beard?
Deepen my voice?
Get a tattoo?
Orange/White - that way you won't scare off the KTMs
Spoked AND Skidplate - makes an ADV bile look less like an SUV.
Grow beard AND get a tattoo -- that will impress your whole clan, not just the grandkids
Tim's Card - No.

I watched a video on YouTube where they were putting on all the HD bit's & Bob's and they stated that the HD skid plate is very beefy. Dare to dream!

Cool overview of the parts. Really didn't trust much of what they were saying. Too much subjective (eg a lot thicker, built to take abuse, a lot lighter, etc) and nothing objective (20 ga to 0.100, five pounds lighter, etc)

Just watched the review from ADVRider on Youtube who was there with some other notables (Cycle World, Female Riders, etc). Included some great info on optional pieces from the HD catalogue for the bike and some (hopefully) honest opinions on the bike and why. Good review and worth the watch, even if only for the options and tech info.

Just watched the review from ADVRider on Youtube who was there with some other notables (Cycle World, Female Riders, etc). Included some great info on optional pieces from the HD catalogue for the bike and some (hopefully) honest opinions on the bike and why. Good review and worth the watch, even if only for the options and tech info.
Link?

The details are unreal. Battery tender prewired. Prewired for heated garments or device charging. Hydraulic valve lifters, zero maintenance. One hand windshield adjustment. Five ride modes. Adjustable engine braking. Two seats heights and two other height seats. The list goes on and on.

Last edited:
The details are unreal. Battery tender prewired. Prewired for heated garments or device charging. Hydraulic valve lifters, zero maintenance. One hand windshield adjustment. Five ride modes. Adjustable engine braking. Two seats heights and two other height seats. The list goes on and on.
Welcome to a modern bike. 🤪

I for one,am pretty excited to see one out in the wild. Kudos to HD for bringing something new and fresh to their outdated lineup. I don't know how well it will sell to the HD crowd,but I would certainly give it a hard look.

Oh the shame....
Passed by a Hardley Ableson... :eek:🤣

What do you think -- green group or at best, maybe yellow?
At one point (link below) it really looks like at least one of the bikes they overtake is just loafing around and not really on the throttle. As per icemans recent experience, you don't want a harley behind you ;)

At one point (link below) it really looks like at least one of the bikes they overtake is just loafing around and not really on the throttle. As per icemans recent experience, you don't want a harley behind you ;)

Back
Top Bottom