Pan America | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pan America

Illegal to sell over the advertised price. It's all here:

That clearly discusses and defines the "ordinary price" which is not necessarily msrp. It looks like you have to sell for what the price you put in your ads. If you dont advertise and their havent been a substantial volume of sales to set an "ordinary" price you seem to be able to do what you want.

That clearly discusses and defines the "ordinary price" which is not necessarily msrp. It looks like you have to sell for what the price you put in your ads. If you dont advertise and their havent been a substantial volume of sales to set an "ordinary" price you seem to be able to do what you want.
Seems some are doing this with the new Aprilia 660 models as well, with selling prices well north of the MSRP on the Aprilia Canada website.

These advertised price rules seem to apply to dealers only, not manufacturers.

Illegal to sell over the advertised price. It's all here:

There is no restriction as to what the selling price is, it's based on supply and demand - just like 2x4s.

OMVIC regulates pricing for dealers -- they must be able to provide the vehicle at the dealer advertised price with no hidden fees - they do not have to follow MSRP. They can publish a selling price, but must note "license, destination charges, dealer preparation etc" as extra fees.

There is a loophole that manufacturers exploit. Manufacturers can advertise a MSRP that is lower than any vehicle you can find at a dealer. Honda is probably the most famous for this - Honda Canada website often lists base models at attractive prices -- these bikes are sometimes not available -- the price gets you to dealers who are supposed to upsell.

Not too in-depth of a review but some awesome riding

Can't get GTAM to link to it properly, search Bike World Pan America on youtube

Last edited:
Was supposed to get my new bike on friday,but they ran out of time.It'll have to wait till tues.Dealer put this pic up on fb on friday before they closed for the long weekend.There's my Tenere in the middle. :(
ame4skr.jpg

Was supposed to get my new bike on friday,but they ran out of time.It'll have to wait till tues.Dealer put this pic up on fb on friday before they closed for the long weekend.There's my Tenere in the middle. :(
ame4skr.jpg
But why Rick?

You going to have the time to use a new bike? Wife doing any better?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

ame4skr.jpg
SuperTen is a great bike, legendary reliability.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from her.

SuperTen is a great bike, legendary reliability.

Hope you get lots of enjoyment from her.
The things that appealed to me the most, are the things it shares with the Wing i had for 16yrs. Shaft drive, cruise control and reliability.
And no canbus.

@Mad Mike , do you wear D30 armor under it or a separate armour vest?
I have D30 installed in the jacket except for the elbows -- I don't like the KLIM elbow pads (too skinny) -- I replaced with First Gear hard elbow pads.

[thread ressurection]

panam-X3.jpg

One of my riding buddies just picked one up last month. Only 700 kms currently on the odometer, close to half of those done with me this past weekend. He opted for the cast wheels instead of spoke, and plastic cases instead of the metal boxes, and it still cost him over $25K! :oops: Still not convinced about the looks, but it does show better in all black. Had to wait 6 months for delivery after putting a deposit down, which isn't really that long given the current circumstances.

Spent more time riding than taking pictures, so this was the only shot I got when we gassed up after our ride.

I spent most of the day staring at his rear end. The bike, not his butt....

His engine sounds like a sewing machine at low revs (still in break-in). Really needs to wring it out for it sound sporty. I'm also surprised that the rear tire doesn't have a mudguard. We rode in the rain mostly, and the rooster tail that was coming off his rear tire was super-high...

Last edited:
"Still not convinced about the looks, but it does show better in all black."

This strikes me as what I imagined an ADV motorcycle would look like, in the Blade Runner (1982) universe.

It's got the sharp lines of "the future" but the headlamp reminds me of an upturned headlamp from a 90s Saturn SL.

I can't afford it, but I like it.

Back
Top Bottom