Paintjob cost? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paintjob cost?

Raven911

How much does it cost for a full paintjob for a 2002 Yamaha r6? My friend wants to do her bike all white. I just need a rough idea of the cost.

Thanks

all depends on what you want, if there's any damage, are decals required ...... pearl / candy / graphics etc......... so many variables......... could cost anywhere from $800 to $3000 ......... And you usually get what you pay for....... Cheers, Les

You've not specified the expected quality of work. Consequently, I submit a bid of $50 to do it with a gallon of latex house paint and an airless sprayer. No masking, no removing anything from the bike to do it. Tires, frame, brakes, forks, everything - all white.

Quit under cutting people Brian I will do it with Tremclad and a proper spray gun for $200 same deal as above no masking lots o runs. You get what you pay for.

Quit under cutting people Brian I will do it with Tremclad and a proper spray gun for $200 same deal as above no masking lots o runs. You get what you pay for.

The frame is already chrome so i'm sure it will look fine with the bike painted white. All that really needs to be done is the tank and fairings.

Thanks for all the posts guys.

She's planning on taking out the decals painting the tank/fairings white and just getting a light blue R6 decals.

fairing paint job is simple, you don't even need to remove the existing paint and you can easily do this yourself with the right paint. Tank may require a bit more finesse unless you have a removable tank shell.

fairing paint job is simple, you don't even need to remove the existing paint and you can easily do this yourself with the right paint. Tank may require a bit more finesse unless you have a removable tank shell.

While i'm pretty handy with taking out the side fairings, I'm not that confident removing the tail end and would rather have someone with experience do it. Besides, i'm horrible with paint.

I would assume that getting a new full fairing kit that's already painted would be more efficient. I saw a place online that sells full fairing kits for 550 plus taxes. I can always just take the bike to Rosey Toes to have the kit installed. Then all we need to get painted would be the tank to match the bike.

What are your thoughts?

If you buy pre-painted fairings then swapping is not a big deal... at all. Are you sure they are painted, not just primed? If you want help removing/replacing anything, let me know. Paint matching is a bold move... any slight differences in white and you will notice it. I just got my parts back from paint. Some guys will give you a bit of a break if you give them the pieces instead of the bike. My bike needs to get sprockets/chain and a fork seal before I re-assemble my Hyo. I think a white R6 will be my next bike...

If you buy pre-painted fairings then swapping is not a big deal... at all. Are you sure they are painted, not just primed? If you want help removing/replacing anything, let me know. Paint matching is a bold move... any slight differences in white and you will notice it. I just got my parts back from paint. Some guys will give you a bit of a break if you give them the pieces instead of the bike. My bike needs to get sprockets/chain and a fork seal before I re-assemble my Hyo. I think a white R6 will be my next bike...

Yeah mat, that's my main concern is matching the paint. That's why i decided to post this just to see which would be more cost effective while mainting the quality.

I have black R6 that I need a new fairing kit for and i'm planning to do the same thing. Install the black fairing kit and just repaint the tank. With black it's not really so much of a problem to match. A slight difference won't be as noticeable as opposed to white where it really stands out.

So can anyone here give me a cost comparison for each option?

Unless someone works at a paint shop here... your best bet is try to find some shops and get quotes. There isn't a set rate for doing it, it's mostly labour expenses since not a lot of paint is even needed. while your asking around, find out if there is anything you can do to lower the cost (remove tank, prep work...).

Contact Stephen at Durham Top Quality Collision. Has painted many bikes, does all my race bikes. Very high quality work. 905-430-1165.
Tell him I sent you.

Keep in mind that if she goes through with this paintjob it will take a bite out of the bike's resale value.

Keep in mind that if she goes through with this paintjob it will take a bite out of the bike's resale value.

Na, it's just going to be white, if it's done right and looks good the price for resell shouldn't change IMO. Also who knows if he does sell it down the road someone might go cool a nice white R6, I want this one instead of bla bla bla colour.

Na, it's just going to be white, if it's done right and looks good the price for resell shouldn't change IMO. Also who knows if he does sell it down the road someone might go cool a nice white R6, I want this one instead of bla bla bla colour.

It doesn't really matter how good it looks, as custom paint is a subjective thing, done to taste, etc. Painted bikes are generally worth less than ones with factory paint. It's also usually an indicator that the bike has been down.

i paid $650 minus the tank for a full paint job one colour. was two stage paint plus clear. good quality.

Back
Top Bottom