Paint Protection Films | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paint Protection Films

Aens

What do you all think about using a product like 3M Paint protection film on your bike? I'm looking to have it applied to front fairings(naked bike), front fender, headlight, fuel tank and TFT Dash. My previous bike I've noticed all of these areas getting scratched up and scuffed. My new bike is a keeper and I want to do what I can to keep it free from cosmetic damage as long as possible. I figure its cheaper and less effort to protect the parts that are likely to get rock chips and sand blasted. I'm also including fuel tank because I do use a magnetic tank bag.

Any recommended shops in the GTA that would be willing to do this without charging a huge premium for 'custom' work? Its likely no templates exist for my bike just yet.

If I ever bought a brand new bike I would definitely get it.

There are kits online that are pre cut to fit specific models. You might be able to find a kit for yours. I installed some on a mountain bike and it was pretty straight forward

Basically if you want to keep your bike looking nice for a long time, store it indoors or in shade as much as possible and look to older models of your bike or similar to see where the most wear is noticed.
In my experience; sunlight is what ultimately destroys paint on a vintage motorcycle, some colours are far more susceptible to sun fade then others. Red fades quickly, black goes dull, white is highly reflective and is very fade resistant. Rock chips happen mostly from spray off the front wheel, the front fork lowers take it pretty bad on the front side and engine paint on the lower front half of the motor or oil pan area is usually down to bare metal after a few years. Areas where your boots or legs rub against will always polish down to raw metal or plastic but covering them with vinyl or whatever will keep the underlying finish mar free until that layer wears out.

Great stuff . I have it on my cars...but you cant get the bug splatter off..

The bike is brand new first model year so there is unlikely to be templates though I'll definately take a look.

I'm only looking to protect from rock chips and similar on the paint.

Sent from my SM-N960W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

i wouldn't bother, it's a waste of money
just ride it till the wheels fall off

Back
Top Bottom