OUTEX tubeless conversion kit | GTAMotorcycle.com

OUTEX tubeless conversion kit

ac.dc

Looking for ideas for tubeless conversion kits. I used OUTEX tubeless conversion kit to my spoke wheels back home. I am not able to find this in Canada (best I could find was shipping them from Japan on ebay). Does anyone here have any other ideas?
I ride a 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC with Heidenau K60 Scouts.

Let me know what you end up with and how reliable. I saw a bunch of DIY methods on youtube and supermotojunkie, but was never convinced on the reliability.

I had them for about 90000 kms before I sold the bike. Till the time I had them I faced no issues. It was installed on the Tiger with Heidenau tyres.

I doubt you'll find them anywhere in North America, the product liability is just too high.
I know a lot of the folks on the international Royal Enfield forums swear by them, but unless the rim is specifically designed to accommodate tubeless application there is a very high risk of blowing the tire right off the rim in a sudden deflation situation.

I've never seen those kits here.

A fellow rider used the Phil Swift method successfully on a Virago 250, his have held up for 10+ years.

I doubt you'll find them anywhere in North America, the product liability is just too high.
I know a lot of the folks on the international Royal Enfield forums swear by them, but unless the rim is specifically designed to accommodate tubeless application there is a very high risk of blowing the tire right off the rim in a sudden deflation situation.

They are available, but I think OP is looking for the best price or a reliable alternative:

They are available, but I think OP is looking for the best price or a reliable alternative:

Yes. Was looking to find a local shop within Canada where I can find this. Else I will have to order it from Woody's or ebay.

Its kinda like plugging a tubeless tire or patching a tube - most shops won't do it but you're free to go ahead on your own.

If you're okay with trying something different, people swear the 3M stuff is the same if not better than Outex, plus it's a lot cheaper.
I'll research this

This is a hot topic with Moto Guzzi V85tt owners as the 2019 and 2020 models were tubed. Many discussions on various forums incl advrider on diy conversions. Results are reported as excellent and no problems with longevity either. I have the 3m tape and 3m sealant ready to go, just need a time slot .

Phil
Wiarton
v85tt 2020

This is a hot topic with Moto Guzzi V85tt owners as the 2019 and 2020 models were tubed. Many discussions on various forums incl advrider on diy conversions. Results are reported as excellent and no problems with longevity either. I have the 3m tape and 3m sealant ready to go, just need a time slot .

Phil
Wiarton
v85tt 2020
Link ?

If you're okay with trying something different, people swear the 3M stuff is the same if not better than Outex, plus it's a lot cheaper.

This is a hot topic with Moto Guzzi V85tt owners as the 2019 and 2020 models were tubed. Many discussions on various forums incl advrider on diy conversions. Results are reported as excellent and no problems with longevity either. I have the 3m tape and 3m sealant ready to go, just need a time slot.

Outex kits are readily available on eBay. Some report less than satisfactory results. I wouldn't touch it.

A better choice is the 3M solution, mentioned above. Here's everything you need:

- 3M 5200 Fast Cure, 88ml tube, about $40, 3M 05220 Marine Adhesive/Sealant 5200 Fast Cure, 3 oz. / White : Amazon.ca: Tools & Home Improvement

-3M 4412N sealing tape, $52. The 2" width is suitable for the rear wheel, and can also be used on the front but will have to be trimmed. Looks to be out of stock on Amazon. Try Grainger: https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/p/WWG15D133?gucid=N:N:FPL:Free:GGL:CSM-1946:tew63h3:20501231

- Napa 90-426 tire valves, available from any Napa store.

- some acetone and a heat gun, or at least a hair dryer.

Ensure your wheels have a safety bead before proceeding. I suspect your Tiger does, but double check.

So, a bit more than $100. DIY. Safe, reliable, inexpensive, and easy.

The last photo was taken after one year of use on my V85. 25,000kms, no leaks, no problems. I also did my old 2003 Tiger, 40,000kms, never any trouble. FB_IMG_1660850926005.jpgFB_IMG_1660850936956.jpgFB_IMG_1660850947709.jpgFB_IMG_1660852100623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom