Orillia couple sees racing success | GTAMotorcycle.com

Orillia couple sees racing success

Amazon

GTAM Racer
Site Supporter
Article on Simcoe.com and Toronto.com

Despite a delayed start to the season, Orillia husband-and-wife duo Kyle and Melanie Newman of Newman Racing had a very successful 2021 summer campaign with SOAR (Southern Ontario Associates of Racing) at Grand Bend Motorplex.

This was Kyle’s first season racing a 1000cc Superbike, moving up from the Pro 600cc class, where he was a previous champion in 2019. He did not disappoint aboard his Honda CBR1000RR. Despite crashing out of a couple races during the season, he also managed to snag a couple wins in the Pro Open Sprint class.
In the end, he had four podium finishes, landing him second overall in the Pro Open Sprint championship, and fourth overall in Pro Superbike Championship. With great progress this year on the new bike, he will be looking to start the 2022 season in full force.

Melanie had a very successful season, as well, aboard her Honda CBR600RR. Competing in three classes, she kept setting new personal bests, not only in lap times, but also in finishing results. She managed three top-10 finishes in the ultra-competitive Amateur 600 Extreme class, in the end finishing 12th overall out of more than 50 riders.

Her second class was Lost Era Heavyweight — a class with both amateur and pro riders, on a mixture of 600cc and 1000cc machines, where she was the only female in the field. After an intense season, battling with many fast racers, Melanie managed two impressive podium finishes in the rain, garnering third place overall in the championship.

Melanie also rejoined the Formula Femme Class for 2021, after being absent from the class for the last two seasons. She went on to win six of seven races, crowning her the 2021 champion.
This season was made possible thanks to the help of three local businesses: Morton Metals, Orillia Motor Sports and Gryphon Moto. To follow their progress, or help support them during the 2022 season, find them at Newman Racing on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

25-30small___Super_Portrait.jpg

MelanieNRnd4_(2_of_5)small___Super_Portrait.jpg

Circa 2008, maybe......
Kyle & I swaped rides on a group ride one day.
I'd never ridden a 250, and I'd had never ridden a Hyosung........2 birds, 1 stone.
So I gave him my brand new 750 GSXR, and I rode the Hyo. (he kept it in good condition)
He jumped on the gixxer, and rode that thing like it grew off him. I still haven't forget that.
There was gobs of talent then, and I could see his potential. Very nice to see you pursue it (you too Melanie).
Keep it up.
Maybe I can get out next season, watch, and yell at both y'all to "Go Faster".

Circa 2008, maybe......
Kyle & I swaped rides on a group ride one day.
I'd never ridden a 250, and I'd had never ridden a Hyosung........2 birds, 1 stone.
So I gave him my brand new 750 GSXR, and I rode the Hyo. (he kept it in good condition)
He jumped on the gixxer, and rode that thing like it grew off him. I still haven't forget that.
There was gobs of talent then, and I could see his potential. Very nice to see you pursue it (you too Melanie).
Keep it up.
Maybe I can get out next season, watch, and yell at both y'all to "Go Faster".
Remember like it was yesterday. Thanks for trusting me with all that power lol.
Those two can have the keys to anything i own.
That didn't go so well last time :ROFLMAO: It all worked out in the end though :p

Thanks everyone for the kind words! GTAM helped make us the riders we are today.

Back
Top Bottom