OPP 2020 crash stats TL: DR most fatal bike crashes are single-vehicle | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OPP 2020 crash stats TL: DR most fatal bike crashes are single-vehicle

I blame sport bike riders for the single vehicle accidents. Nothing worse than 20 something years old, 150hp, a $1500 FF helmet, flashy boy-racer track outfit and the wide open road. If there's anyone the cops want off the road its the sport bike kids. Personally I don't care, but the cops don't like them for several reasons.
Because they are young
because they are on a nice motorcycle
because they are playing while the cop is working
:unsure: did I miss any
over-dressed for street riding maybe

... besides haven't you seen the news, cops are not suppose to enforce the laws based on stereotype preconceptions any more.

Because they are young
because they are on a nice motorcycle
because they are playing while the cop is working
:unsure: did I miss any
over-dressed for street riding maybe

... besides haven't you seen the news, cops are not suppose to enforce the laws based on stereotype preconceptions any more.

Yup, plus the one or two guys who take off when the cops turn on the lights. Remember that vid of the cop tackling that guy in Hamilton last year? If there's a statistics agenda afoot, the runaway sport bikes are the target.

Yup, plus the one or two guys who take off when the cops turn on the lights. Remember that vid of the cop tackling that guy in Hamilton last year? If there's a statistics agenda afoot, the runaway sport bikes are the target.
Ya the cop got spanked for it.
I remember a video where they chased a cruiser style motorcycle through the shopping mall? I think it was Square One :LOL: they caught him very easy.

I think between my buddies Ron and Josh over the past 1 week, they probably crashed hard 30 or 40 times :ROFLMAO: all of them were single vehicle crashes. No fatalities, some possible injuries, lots of broken plastic and a ton of fun doing it.

I blame sport bike riders for the single vehicle accidents. Nothing worse than 20 something years old, 150hp, a $1500 FF helmet, flashy boy-racer track outfit and the wide open road. If there's anyone the cops want off the road its the sport bike kids. Personally I don't care, but the cops don't like them for several reasons.
PMSL

Personally, I blame cruiser riders. Nothing worse (and I mean nothing! Murderers are saints by comparison!) than 60 something years old, 50hp in an 800 lb bike, a $15 brain bucket, weird fashion leather BDSM gear with an exposed arse like a baboon, and the enclosed road where earsplitting motors need revved next to pedestrians like motorcycle tourettes. If there's anyone the cops want off the road, it's the wannabe 1%er retirees. Personally I don't care, but the cops don't like them for several reasons.

That hasn't been reality for quite a few years. That 20-something rider typically can't afford the insurance on that sport bike. Besides, sales volumes for sport bikes have been in the crapper for so long that manufacturers are discontinuing them (and that's a worldwide issue).

Middle-aged but nevertheless less-experienced riders on heavy-ish bikes (regardless of type) have been overrepresented in crash statistics for the last decade or so. These are the people who can afford more bike than they ought to be riding, but don't want to be seen on a 300.

That hasn't been reality for quite a few years. That 20-something rider typically can't afford the insurance on that sport bike. Besides, sales volumes for sport bikes have been in the crapper for so long that manufacturers are discontinuing them (and that's a worldwide issue).

Middle-aged but nevertheless less-experienced riders on heavy-ish bikes (regardless of type) have been overrepresented in crash statistics for the last decade or so. These are the people who can afford more bike than they ought to be riding, but don't want to be seen on a 300.
Worked with a few guys that were in their 50s, never been on a motorcycle, or even thought of a motorcycle....until they saw ‘Sons of Anarchy’.

1500 and 1700cc Harleys for all!

You’re older, fatter, slower reflexes, and just overall less aware or able to react...yet a 700lb+ 1500cc motorcycle is a good idea....

Worked with a few guys that were in their 50s, never been on a motorcycle, or even thought of a motorcycle....until they saw ‘Sons of Anarchy’.

1500 and 1700cc Harleys for all!

You’re older, fatter, slower reflexes, and just overall less aware or able to react...yet a 700lb+ 1500cc motorcycle is a good idea....
and they never even crashed a mini bike in their life so when they do fall on the Harley-Ferguson it's going to be very messy.

Ya you're right, Most of the Harley tip over accidents I've seen were in a parking lot.
I’m gonna ask my old manager about his HOG. Been a while since we chatted so I’ll have to ask him.

Older drivers — aged 45 to 64 — accounted for almost half of the deaths, with 87, while drivers under 25 represented 16 deaths.

-Sourced from the Ottawa Citizen

I want to know what those percentages are relative to their entire age groups riding. I feel like there are less people aged 25- who ride as opposed to a good amount 45-64. For all we know the 25- fatalities could account for 3% of riders in that group but the 45-64 only being 0.05%. obviously random percentages there but just to make my point easier to understand

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Nonetheless, here are some interesting stats, U.S. data, but probably relevant here as well.

Key Stats
  • Over 50 = 37%
  • No helmet = 36%
  • Single vehicle with alcohol > .08 = 42%
  • Single vehicle with alcohol > .15 = 28%

Key Takeaways
  • Significant increase in deaths on >1,400 cc bikes beginning 1999 - 2000. This category would be HD and other brands of cruisers.
  • Wear a helmet
  • Don't drink and ride

Some of you people are not looking at the stats. It's not all young kids on sportbikes that are killing themselves.
Remember the age thread?

There are lies, damn lies and statistics. Nonetheless, here are some interesting stats, U.S. data, but probably relevant here as well.

Key Stats
  • Over 50 = 37%
  • No helmet = 36%
  • Single vehicle with alcohol > .08 = 42%
  • Single vehicle with alcohol > .15 = 28%

Key Takeaways
  • Significant increase in deaths on >1,400 cc bikes beginning 1999 - 2000. This category would be HD and other brands of cruisers.
  • Wear a helmet
  • Don't drink and ride
When I ride in the U.S., I'll keep this in mind.
Some of you people are not looking at the stats. It's not all young kids on sportbikes that are killing themselves.
Remember the age thread?
Is it old people on supersports then?

Back
Top Bottom