Opinions on best anti-theft items to put on bike for ppl without a private garage parking | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Opinions on best anti-theft items to put on bike for ppl without a private garage parking

This is my parking situation.
Got my previous bike stolen in a very same condo parking garage so we decided to drill an “anchor” into the ground and use two kryptonite chains for our bikes.

I’m lucky I have a wider spot next to a pole so we can fit two bikes + back up a car into same spot.
Taking off chains and sometimes moving a car to get a bikes out can be annoying but it is what it is.

which kryptonite chain are you using? and how long have you parked your bike anchored like that, and it not been stolen? the one under the cover is a sportbike?

which kryptonite chain are you using? and how long have you parked your bike anchored like that, and it not been stolen? the one under the cover is a sportbike?
:cautious: now you just sound like you are casing the joint, it's the lock that can't be broken and the other bike is a bate bike.

:cautious: now you just sound like you are casing the joint, it's the lock that can't be broken and the other bike is a bate bike.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. What's your address and what parking level are you on? Are you going anywhere this weekend?

5571399.jpg

:ROFLMAO: did it scare you?

Last edited:
so then what do u suggest? they broke through all of that wow. how recent was this?

what do u do now?
Did you seriously think locks and chains would stop grand theft? They can steal a nice little 4 inch battery powered angle grinder that will make quick work of anything that does not explode.

so then what do u suggest? they broke through all of that wow. how recent was this?

what do u do now?
My older brother Caught the guy once, he strung him up by his thumbs on the back porch and called the cops to come and collect the little drugged out *******. Cops told him not to do that next time.

what do u do now?
You move to a standalone property where you can actually have the privacy and security to not have the same risk of theft of parking in a communal lot.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

what do u do now?
Honestly, if they can get away with grinding through that chain, they can grind through anything. There isn't anything else you can do aside from getting a private garage or a bike that people don't want to steal, unfortunately.

There is an old saying, out of sight out of mind:
asgard_motorcycle_storage_garage_double_door_access.jpg

Put it in something and now you have a first line of defence.

.... Kid stuff ?‍♂️(y) and if the condo people tell you they don't like it tell them to pound salt.
Oh and check with your house insurance coverage to see if it is already covered under your daddy's outbuilding contents coverage

There is an old saying, out of sight out of mind:
asgard_motorcycle_storage_garage_double_door_access.jpg

Put it in something and now you have a first line of defence.

.... Kid stuff (y) and if the condo people tell you they don't like it tell them to pound salt.
That reminds me. I've known more than one person living downtown in a condo to rent a small storage unit to store their bike as a garage. It was never allowed. All storage units like these have no vehicle stipulations likely due to fire risk. And even though they were never caught because they were low key going in and out, they gave up on it pretty quickly considering the cost and the inconvenience of having to drive back and forth to the unit to get the bike.

If it's inconvenient enough to have to go back up to ones condo unit to say store and retrieve the cover, leaving and returning respectively which I totally agree with, I can see how having to drive to the storage unit would suck.

So fight for it.
It's a motorcycle, what are you suppose to do with it leave it in a snow bank!
They are discriminating against your wheels. You made it more car like.

You move to a standalone property where you can actually have the privacy and security to not have the same risk of theft of parking in a communal lot.

Or a more expensive condo. There are at least a few with private garages with doors in the underground.

Look at it this way, every so often the shed will get broken into and you will be out riding, sucks to be them.

Had mt-07 for just over a month when it got stolen. (only kept it covered)

Now I’ve been using those;
Anchor:

Chain:

Been using those chains on both bikes since June and so far still there ?
Other bike is Yama FZ6R

Back
Top Bottom