Ontario to permanently set speed limits on some highway sections at 110 km/h | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario to permanently set speed limits on some highway sections at 110 km/h

You forgot one major change. Many drivers are now trying to drive while staring into their lap. Not sure all the nanny state aids can make up for that.
Maybe if those drivers, and everyone else around them was driving faster they would have less time to text.

I'm sure texting while driving also happens in the US, but It didn't seem to be a problem on the 70 mph sections of the Interstates during on our trip down to Florida.

Maybe if those drivers, and everyone else around them was driving faster they would have less time to text.

I'm sure texting while driving also happens in the US, but It didn't seem to be a problem on the 70 mph sections of the Interstates during on our trip down to Florida.
That's the problem though isn't it. It doesn't seem to be a problem until it is.
With the number of people I seeing driving distracted I'm actually ok with lowering the limit.

Had to sit and wait by the Olympic Pool (Woodbine) at three a.m. for an hour while an officer with computer problems radioed in to check if the beat up car I was driving was stolen. Never did get a ticket then. Lucky me!

Had someone drive a foot off my rear bumper on the DVP Northbound. I gradually slowed down, he seemed to get closer. When I sped up and pulled over into an opening (it was crowded even back then), he lit me up - fine never showed up.

Was pulled over for five over on the Queensway for timing a light and "going too fast". Officer told me I must have been speeding by the way I passed him (I saw him and was doing exactly 59). In court he must have forgot, as he stated that he had followed me at a constant distance etc. I still remember his name to this day.

Most tickets I got way back when, were for being the second person through an amber light making a left turn. Nowadays, I've seen five go through with the police not bothering, as the left turn lane is so jammed.

Back
Top Bottom