OMG... RIP Kobe | GTAMotorcycle.com

OMG... RIP Kobe

Reports say his 4 daughters were on the helicopter with him. Terrible tragedy.

RIP
Believe its fake. Rick Fox was 'confirmed' to be in the accident as well, but there was only 5 bodies.

dont think its fake, tribute being sang live on the Grammys right now by Alicia Keys

There was some confusion in some media but sounds true. Kobe and his daughter, not sure of others. Pretty sure if he was alive he'd be on camera to confirm.

I don't follow basketball but still aware of his stature in the arena. The cause of the crash will be a hot item.

RIP

dont think its fake, tribute being sang live on the Grammys right now by Alicia Keys
As always, there is a flurry to publish without checking facts to try to collect the clicks.

Based on what I have read, the best guess is pilot plus eight passengers deceased. Coby and one daughter among the dead. His wife and other three daughters were not on the chopper.

The blurbs about Rick Fox being on the chopper included all of the daughters so they are likely crap, but who knows, even random crap is correct occasionally. I haven't seen confirmation either way on Rick Fox.

There was some confusion in some media but sounds true. Kobe and his daughter, not sure of others. Pretty sure if he was alive he'd be on camera to confirm.

I don't follow basketball but still aware of his stature in the arena. The cause of the crash will be a hot item.

RIP
Radar shows contact with the ground at >5000 fpm after <30 seconds of strange behaviour. Something went terribly wrong. Autorotation descent should be ~2000 fpm.

I have friends in the area in fire/rescue, they have been at the debris field. Flew into a hill side at 170kts , very foggy conditions. Were following highway #405?? and lost there bearings.

Radar shows contact with the ground at >5000 fpm after <30 seconds of strange behaviour. Something went terribly wrong. Autorotation descent should be ~2000 fpm.

There's a Youtube video of the radar screen and communications with the helicopter. It sounds like they got too low for radar following and communications. IFR conditions, low ceilings.

i was referring to all his daughters being in the vehicle. it's been since confirmed one daughter was.

Unfortunately a Helicopter has the glide path of a brick. Its hard to make a soft landing if something goes wrong. although based on where they crashed I assume it would have been the same result in a plane

His daughter was also an up and coming force in women's basketball. RIP

I was truly sickened to hear the news. I bought seasons tickets to the Lakers when Koby and Shaq joined the team and have fond memories heading to the Forum to watch them play. The Lakers et fathers and sons creep up top court-side for early warm ups as long as nobody interfered so when I brought one of my sons would go early. Shaq, always worked the court side, joking and occasionally passing balls back and forth with the young kids. By the end of the first year, Koby was doing the same and continued to interact with kids and fans on and off the court -- you could see he was just a great guy.

We watched that team grow, and get punished by Malone and Stockton each spring. In 99 they moved to the Forum, Koby entered his prime and stepped up as a leader -- they finally brought home a championship.

RIP to him, his daughter and the rest of the people on that helicopter. Condolences to his family and all the saddened players and fans who loved the man.

that sucks, RIP

mountainous area but not a huge elevation change
something must have gone wrong with the machine

it's also a twin engine machine, can be saved and flown on one engine
but you need time and more importantly altitude for that to get worked out

Last edited:
RIP
41 way too young

Apparently there was bad fog, bad enough that emergency services helicopters were grounded, they just should not have been in the air.

Looks like the pilot might have been scud running and this may have been a case of get-there-itis, very sad.

Last edited:
Apparently there was bad fog, bad enough that emergency services helicopters were grounded, they just should not have been in the air.

Looks like the pilot might have been scud running and this may have been a case of get-there-itis, very sad.

They had been in a holding pattern for 15 minutes due to other air traffic so patience could be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom