Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike! | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Olds Cool... Post-up Pics of your 10 year or older bike!

My '85 Nighthawk 750s;

7177554870_3980b4b331_k.jpg

Just bought it a couple weeks ago; my second bike.

My first bike; 84 Nighthawk 450.

7121173885_cf3de8aea2.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know anyone good with old school oilers?

Not much to be good at, really. They are simple to work on and reliable as an anvil. If you are not inclined to get a manual and few basic tools and do the job yourself I can highly recommend Cyclewerx. One look at the parking lot in front of the store will tell you how much experience they have with bikes that don't come with laptop connectors :).

I'd def like to open it up but I don't want to risk screwing it up since it's difficult enough to get parts.

If you don't have all thumbs, get a manual and some decent tools and you'll be fine. I just did valve adjustment, carb sync, brake rebuild and fork oil change on mine. I can't speak for 750 parts, but they shouldn't be much harder to find than my 1200 - they are basically the same engine after all. Speaking of that, why not consider swapping the engine for a GSXR1100 or even Bandit 1200?

I live in Ottawa :)
Waiting on my high output coils :(
Yes, the expansion pipes are from wicked motor sports
Yuppers, I'm in Ottawa too.

Tues night @ Orleans
Thurs night @ Nepean

Be nice to have another 2smoker around.

Last edited:
Vlad; How much did they charge you for a fork oil change??

Not much to be good at, really. They are simple to work on and reliable as an anvil. If you are not inclined to get a manual and few basic tools and do the job yourself I can highly recommend Cyclewerx. One look at the parking lot in front of the store will tell you how much experience they have with bikes that don't come with laptop connectors :).

If you don't have all thumbs, get a manual and some decent tools and you'll be fine. I just did valve adjustment, carb sync, brake rebuild and fork oil change on mine. I can't speak for 750 parts, but they shouldn't be much harder to find than my 1200 - they are basically the same engine after all. Speaking of that, why not consider swapping the engine for a GSXR1100 or even Bandit 1200?

I actually do enjoy tinkering with bikes. I've been brave enough to venture inside my old bikes. I'm just concerned with something this old. It looks a heck of a lot more complicated than my GS/CBR. Maybe it won't be so bad once I get into her. I just thought I'd ask for some assurance incase I fudge something up =P

Cyclewerx is a bit far, but it's def good to know! Thanks for the tip =D

So are the bandit/Katana parts interchangeable with the gsxr? I did buy the Haynes manual and it has those two bikes on the front!

As for 7/11 swap...hoah boy! That's def on the bucket list. But maybe once I can afford another bike and keep the gsxr as a project bike.

1998 916

duc916.jpg

So are the bandit/Katana parts interchangeable with the gsxr?

The whole oil cooled Bandit/Katana line is based on the old GSXR SACS engine. I once measured the fins on a Katana 600 engine and couldn't find any visible difference with my Bandit 1200. Many Bandit owners swap their cams for GSXR 1100 units that are "hotter". All in all, there are very few engines that had been produced for so long with so few modifications. Hence the abundance in OEM as well as aftermarket parts.

I did buy the Haynes manual and it has those two bikes on the front!

I have both Haynes and Suzuki Service manual and use both. I found Suzikis often easier to browse, but the info is more-less of equal quality. If the manual doesn't feel like it was written in Swahili you are off to a good start.

As for 7/11 swap...hoah boy! That's def on the bucket list. But maybe once I can afford another bike and keep the gsxr as a project bike.

Keep an eye out for an engine from a crashed GSXR/Bandit/Katana. You never know when a really cheap one will pop up. Your GSXR would be a freaking bomb with a Bandit 1200 engine, even if left bone stock.

That 916 is freakin' gorgeous!

small.jpg

Here's my 98' VTR1000F.

the poor mans Ducati, lol.

Last edited:
Not sure if I posted already but here's my baby =D
1990 GSXR 750 L
She runs like a beast!

Anyone know anyone good with old school oilers? I'd def like to open it up but I don't want to risk screwing it up since it's difficult enough to get parts.

Nice bike! I have a 92 watercooled 750 myself. I do all of my shopping on ebay haha.

Anyway, the gixxer forums have a pretty good section if you need any help: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

I'd say you'd better get used to working on that thing yourself. I spent all afternoon plugging a coolant leak on mine. You won't have that problem, obviously. ;)

Heres my 99 GSXR 600. She's my pride and joy!

262808_10150242197899005_507649004_7679480_387245_n.jpg

The Boss, showin' off some old skool curved last fall at Algonquin

2011-10-09120841.jpg

bikes5.jpg
88 gsxr400
Mael

I started off with this

bike1.jpg

Ended up with this afer tossing it in a guardrail on 4th line... no thanks to the landscaping crew

bike2.jpg

waited a while since I had stuff on the go and my new jeep so this year I figured i would rebuild it and here's the finished product, Poor picture I'll take some nicer ones once I return from Montreal.

bike9.jpg

It was a fun project to rebuild

Back
Top Bottom