Oldie coming back to motorcycling | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oldie coming back to motorcycling

Different Spokes TV

Hey all,
I’ve had my license for twenty years but haven’t owned a bike in five. I’ve decided to get back into it and just bought a 2014 Moto Guzzi Stelvio:
Then my wife surprised me with the announcement that she wanted to ride :) So we bought her a 2015 Honda CB300F and I’m teaching her to ride:
She’s doing great so far and will be doing her course and M2 in two weeks. Looking forward to seeing other riders on the road!

We welcome you to riding and the insurance underwriter thanks you for your significant monetary contribution to their 2019 profits.

Congrats on the new ride. But, remember what it was like to wipe-out back in the day? Well it's the same thing today, except your bones aren't rubber anymore and they break like dry twigs. Ride safe, have fun.

That Guzzi is a fine looking machine.

Welcome back to riding, and congratulations to your wife for wanting to take up the hobby!
My wife and I both ride, it's great to share the experience together.

Planning any trips?

Welcome back. Having a wife interested in joining you riding is awesome - when I got back into riding my wife did the same - she's now going into her 4th (or 5th, I forget) season and loving it.

We welcome you to riding and the insurance underwriter thanks you for your significant monetary contribution to their 2019 profits.

One perk to being an old guy... You can ride whatever you want and not fret over insurance costs. We don't have to stick to 300cc just to be able to afford the ins.

One perk to being an old guy... You can ride whatever you want and not fret over insurance costs. We don't have to stick to 300cc just to be able to afford the ins.

Not necessarily- insurance companies want to see experience proven by insurance history now.

Someone who may have got their M years ago but never rode, or haven’t rode in 6+ years doesn’t necessarily have an advantage anymore.

I got a decent rate considering that I live in Toronto and have mine and my wife's bike insured under my name, and considering that she is a brand new rider (on a 300cc). :)

Not necessarily- insurance companies want to see experience proven by insurance history now.

Someone who may have got their M years ago but never rode, or haven’t rode in 6+ years doesn’t necessarily have an advantage anymore.

True... even as an old guy your first year after a long hiatus will seem expensive... Mine did, but after that premiums fell considerably.

There are other factors though... Generally I think younger people these days have a more difficult time affording "toys .
Basic cost of living these days is very high.
Old guys just tend to have more disposable $ cuz the house is paid off and they're probably just in a better financial position.
Also... being old means you'll be dead sooner so... Spend it now!!!

Back
Top Bottom