old rider, new bike...moved back to Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

old rider, new bike...moved back to Ontario

skschall

Pickup up a (new to me) bike while living in the US end of Feb last year, right before all the lockdowns. Hardly rode it due to all of the restrictions last spring/summer. Then I moved to Toronto so I decided to bring it with me. After all the paperwork, taxes, fees, inspections, and sticker shock from the ridiculous Ontario insurance rates, I finally got it licensed and ready to ride...just in time. Shutdown, lockdown, meltdown...whatever, I'm riding this time out.

Thanks for the add! Ride safe and see you out there.

IMG_20200411_135244117_HDR_resized.jpg

welcome
another member of the BBG (baller beemer gang)

Welcome! Wondering if it's too much hassle to get a motorcycle imported from the US?

I keep checking 'Bring a Trailer' website and some nice cars are up for auction from time to time.
It's a hassle. Particularly when exporting from US with the 72 hour wait between when you send paperwork to when you can actually show up to export the vehicle.

it's a hassle, particularly on the us customs export side...they make it complicated (ITN#, etc.) and there's a 72 hr wait between when you send them your paperwork and when you can show up to export the vehicle. you're going to have to get a great deal or really like the vehicle to make it worthwhile. Lots of info online and happy to share some of the links I have if you need them...just message me. fees are RIV ($325'ish) + tax (federal and provincial) + safety inspection fee + costs associated with making the vehicle street legal in Canada (if necessary). Motorcycles are duty free (at least mine was...might have been other factors involved). Make sure there's no recalls on the VIN and any modifications from stock may complicate it on the import side of things.

it's a hassle, particularly on the us customs export side...they make it complicated (ITN#, etc.) and there's a 72 hr wait between when you send them your paperwork and when you can show up to export the vehicle. you're going to have to get a great deal or really like the vehicle to make it worthwhile. Lots of info online and happy to share some of the links I have if you need them...just message me. fees are RIV ($325'ish) + tax (federal and provincial) + safety inspection fee + costs associated with making the vehicle street legal in Canada (if necessary). Motorcycles are duty free (at least mine was...might have been other factors involved). Make sure there's no recalls on the VIN and any modifications from stock may complicate it on the import side of things.
Thanks, no plans for now but sure will keep you in mind if something really good comes up! :)

I keep seeing some nice e39 M5s that come up there...someday *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom