Old Radio Repair | GTAMotorcycle.com

Old Radio Repair

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Hey Guys,

I have a 1955 Motorola "Golden Voice" radio model # MK-66X
It works but has a few issue and I was wondering if anyone either has or knows someone that has knowledge on servicing these.
I'm will to attempt it myself, but figure I would see if anyone is out there.

Here is al ink for any that are interested - Golden Voice MK-66X Radio Motorola Canada Ltd., Toronto, build 1955 ?

Not sure where you you are located but I know there is a audio video repair place in Milton

Milton Colour & Sound Ltd

18 Thompson Rd N, Milton, ON L9T 5N9
(905) 876-1175

Milton Colour & Sound Ltd - Google Search

Hey Guys,

I have a 1955 Motorola "Golden Voice" radio model # MK-66X
It works but has a few issue and I was wondering if anyone either has or knows someone that has knowledge on servicing these.
I'm will to attempt it myself, but figure I would see if anyone is out there.

Here is al ink for any that are interested - Golden Voice MK-66X Radio Motorola Canada Ltd., Toronto, build 1955 ?
If it hasn't been recapped stop plugging it in. A problem that costs a few dollars to fix now could easily let the smoke out of expensive and/or unobtanium parts.

If you attempt to do it yourself, be very careful. Unlike modern electronics that are most low voltage, much of that radio is running at well over 100 volts (and storing that in big caps).

There are lots of good YouTube channels including mr Carlson's lab. If you get lucky one will have a video recapping your radio. Start there and then move on to tuning amd troubleshooting. Ideally you would test your rebuild with a current limited variac but now many people have one (I will build one eventually but havent yet).

Depending on your skillset I would almost be tempted to rip out the interior, and replace it with modern tech...just keep the exterior for nostalgia's sake.

Back
Top Bottom