Oil/water light AND gas light coming on while riding | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oil/water light AND gas light coming on while riding

Maverick95

Site Supporter
The other night we were riding on the 404 south and my oil/water light AND gas light came on simultaneously and then went out. And then a bit later came on again and went out. We stopped, checked the oil, added some to top it off, and the lights still came on. I noticed my bike had 250kms to one tank so the gas light should have come on at about 200. We weren't exactly economy riding as we did 130-140 in 4th and 5th gear and occasionally 6th. But the reserve light never came on. Only the oil/water and gas light. So I thought maybe there's a wiring issue, like cross wires or something making the oil/water light come on when I need gas. So I filled the tank. But it happened again only 20-30 kms into the full tank. So now I'm nearly stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Bike is my only transportation, and I don't have the money to take it into a shop.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Generator going bad?

Do the headlights dim? Is it sometimes slow to crank?

No everything is perfect, it rides the same it always has, starts right away, no trouble with anything. Just the lights.

I'd still check output voltage. While running battery voltage should be over 13.5, and 14.5 is healthy.

If it's good then yeah, crossed wires I guess.

My bike flashed all kinds of weird things when the battery was getting drained (the cause was never discovered though, and it only happened once). After I parked it I couldn't start it at all and had to full charge. Never had it happen again.

This bike has been a roller coaster of problems. None really bad, but its one thing after another. Its perfect now except for these lights. Runs amazing. So I'd really like to get to the bottom of it. I do everything on it myself. Its had electrical issues before, blowing fuses, and cross wiring in the harness for headlights. The horn sounds like an european siren at the moment lol

This bike has been a roller coaster of problems. None really bad, but its one thing after another. Its perfect now except for these lights. Runs amazing. So I'd really like to get to the bottom of it. I do everything on it myself. Its had electrical issues before, blowing fuses, and cross wiring in the harness for headlights. The horn sounds like an european siren at the moment lol

The siren horn actually sounds cool. Don't fix that :) lol

Its getting quite annoying, especially night riding....

how old is the battery? Tighten up the connections if is not too old or maybe check the voltage on it. , a loose connection will mess eveything up.

Back
Top Bottom