Oil change before or after winter ????? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oil change before or after winter ?????

Nerd alert... Ice Pic, since you got wrong answer here ^^^ (it is 58 and NOT 23) I would assume your advice here is not worth all that much :) Everyone - just to the opposite of what he says :)

I can't believe I actually took the time to calculate this, but my basic math skills come up with yet a different answer... 96! So which is right?!?

Here's how I got my answer:

(First off, there is a closing bracket missing, so I just assumed the first bracket was the problem)

41 + 8 /4 + (2+3*4)^2 - 3^4 + (9+10)(15-21) + 7(17-15) = ?

41 + 2 + (14)^2 - 81 + (19)(-4) + 7*2 = ?

41 + 2 + 196 - 81 - 76 + 14 = 96!

Ouch - that sucks... that type of damage would be next to impossible to determine while looking at the vehicle trying to decide to buy it or not...

For the layman just eyeballing the engine compartment, yeah. For a mechanic with a compression or leakdown tester in hand, very possible.

I can't believe I actually took the time to calculate this, but my basic math skills come up with yet a different answer... 96! So which is right?!?

Here's how I got my answer:

(First off, there is a closing bracket missing, so I just assumed the first bracket was the problem)

41 + 8 /4 + (2+3*4)^2 - 3^4 + (9+10)(15-21) + 7(17-15) = ?

41 + 2 + (14)^2 - 81 + (19)(-4) + 7*2 = ?

41 + 2 + 196 - 81 - 76 + 14 = 96!

HAHAHAH

here is your problem: 15 - 21 = -6 dude, so it's 41 + 2 + 196 - 81 - 114 + 14 = 58

Cheers,

Derek

I haven't read both manuals but considering ones a superbike and the other is more of a tame beginners bike they would more than likely have very different service scheduals.

Have you checked yet? My CBR600 says oil change interval Is higher than most other bikes I have had.....like an SV

Haha no I haven't. I will when I get home right before I change the oil for the winter, plus it's got about 700km on it so it's about time ;)

Can this be true that my top of the line 100% syth oil can harm my engine just leaving it in the motor though out the winter.I stopped riding with about 4000km on the oil last fall. It sounds like a part out of them Alien movies if they start to bleed they burn a hole right threw your crank case.Just how Acidic can it get if at all ?????? Please Reply

Last edited:
Can this be true that my top of the line 100% syth oil can harm my engine just leaving it in the motor though out the winter.I stopped riding with about 4000km on the oil last fall. It sounds like a part out of them Alien movies if they start to bleed they burn a hole right threw your crank case.Just how Acidic can it get if at all ?????? Please Reply

It can get acidic enough to etch the bearings. This does not necessarily equal immediate engine failure, but it IS accelerated wear. Your engine will last longer if you make pre-winter oil changes a habit. If the cost of the oil is an issue, just use cheaper oil!

Anyone interested in coming to King City to change oil and winterize my 2001 Triumph Sprint St. Health issues are preventing me from doingmuch thisyear I've got a new oil filter but would need oil and fuel stabilizer. Bike is in my garage right now (There is lots of room to work and I have storage space for the winter. Email me if you interested jskrypek@rogers.com Let me know how much you would charge and when you would like to do it. Doctor won't let me ride right now so I took insurance off bike. That's why I need someone to come to me.Under the circumstances, Someone is available any time during the day.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom