Oil Burning Furnace - Anyone need a free one? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oil Burning Furnace - Anyone need a free one?

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Got a oil burning furnace in my barn, it appears to be in working order (it turns on) but no oil tank and I have no plans on using it.
I'll happily give it away free to someone who wants it or the scrap man who ever shows up first.
If anyone is interested, I can provide make and model.

Just to be clear I have never used it, all I know is if you flick the switch it turns on.
From my understanding it did work but when 2 owners ago owner wanted to sell house they had to get rid of the oil tank.

I'll even help you load it, bring your own truck or trailer I have no means to deliver.

Might be good for a shop, cabin etc. requires 120v AC

Why not use it in the shop/barn?

Oil is really really expensive. Add in the hassles if you try to sell with an oil tank (or god forbid have a leak) and I would get rid of it too. Mini-splits cost less than the tank and enclosure and give you heat and air conditioning if desired.
Valid points, I do not plan on replacing it, just need it gone for the space. I already have a heated workshop in the barn.

Makes sense
Yep, I think it was originally in the house at one point then they switched to propane.
So it was moved to the barn, I am sure the tank was well past its date, so he got rid of it to avoid any troubles.
I assume it will be going to scrap, but thought I'd ask if anyone had a use for it and it is free.

Is it just a house fuel oil furnace or is it a waste oil burning furnace if the later I may be interested

Sent from the future

Is it just a house fuel oil furnace or is it a waste oil burning furnace if the later I may be interested

Sent from the future
Can it not be used with either or?
Asking for a friend.

Can it not be used with either or?
Asking for a friend.
IIRC, it's not quite as simple as putting used motor oil into a diesel burning furnace. You need to heat and/or dilute the oil to reduce viscosity and filter it as the nozzle may get plugged. I think it's like NG/LPG bbq's where with a little knowledge and a couple parts you can convert if you want.

It may require a larger pump , and you may have to drill out the injector nozzle to pump waste through , but just keep drilling till she lights.

que the banjo music

Sent from the future
I'm just guessing here, but I suspect it was burning waste oil as the tank was outdated it is unlikely it could be filled by "legal" means...
I was tempted to use it for waste oil, but after some quick math I simply would not have enough to make it worth my effort.
You're welcome to come take a look DM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom