Ohio | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ohio

ifiddles

Thinking of heading to Ohio next week and booked a hotel to serve as base camp in Cambridge (near the I70 and I77)...any good road suggestions for riding?

Hannibal on the Ohio River to Woodsfield is a must. Any road that isn't an interstate is good. Roscoe Village at Coshocton is interesting and biker friendly.

Was on OH-514 yesterday. New tarmac. Not too technical. Lots of fun at +15

Attachments

• CD51D593-FFD1-4A36-BDFE-01B85E9A7B8B.jpeg
    CD51D593-FFD1-4A36-BDFE-01B85E9A7B8B.jpeg
    714.7 KB · Views: 26
Go across the border to West Virginia and check out Point Pleasant. That's where the Mothman hangs out.

Just throwing it out there in case anyone needs it: I go to Cleveland twice a year and have a motorcycle trailer. If anyone ever needs a lift there or back shoot me a msg.

so....I did a thing LOL...I booked us on a trip to Spain...Madrid and Barcelona! whoo whoo...we can do Ohio anytime...hubby doesn't get a month off ever, so I'm taking advantage...1 week spent with his kids up from Florida, a few days here after they leave on Sunday, then off to Europe...looking at maybe renting a Vespa or two and going down/up the coast...need to get information from the rental companies on their insurance because apparently we're not covered outside of NA with our current policy (would have to upgrade it and not sure I want to do that)...

This past long weekend I did my yearly trip to Ohio.
I've found a great place to stay.
Sleep Inn in Belmont OH.
It’s a perfect location and the price is right.
There's also lots of local food places close by.
The ride in the area is perfect.
To the south…some of the most technical riding in the area.
Here is the route I did Saturday
https://goo.gl/maps/Pmk44vGLVKJ7dUhQ8
the only thing I would change with this route is the northern part of #26.
It was a little beat up…my alternate would be to take #800 to #26.
I had heard wonderful things about #78 and it didn’t disappoint.
To the north….beautiful Amish countryside and the roads are in great shape.
Here is the route I did Sunday
66379 Belmont Morristown Rd to 25 Peninsula Dr

Geneva on the Lake is a great little place….kinda like Port Dover.
The ride along the water to Saras and Presque SP is pleasant and very little traffic.

Lots of the architect Gaudi's work is in Barcelona. Sadrada Familia for example. 134 years later and it's still not finished

Lots of the architect Gaudi's work is in Barcelona. Sadrada Familia for example. 134 years later and it's still not finished

@ timtune I heard about it...our hotel is right downtown so we're within walking distance to pretty much everything...we plan on renting some scooters (there's a Yamaha dealer in Madrid where we're going first that has an FZ07 for rent - which is my bike :) ) and do some riding around the countryside and along the coast...should be interesting...

@ifiddles

Is this your first time going to Spain / Barcelona? It’s an amazing city and you will be in awe of all the bikes.

5cdcc27007f707403d41e1ecd9f8c97b.jpg

This was taken this past March, while on my way to the hotel from the train station. Very typical, bikes/scooters everywhere

Sent from the Moon!

@ sburns yeah, this is our first time there...neither one of us has gone to Europe since we were kids, so like 35 years ago....eeeeekkkk, we're old LMAO

I knew there'd be a lot of bikes, but didn't think there'd be that many...wow...so hopefully that means cagers are more respectful since there are more of us out there and probably year round, unlike here, where there aren't that many and our season is short, so we're not always on the road and cagers forget about us...

thanks for the pic...

+1 We really enjoyed Barcelona. I’d definitely go back again. Btw, La Sagrada Familia will never be completed imho...it’s part of the attraction/charm. Unfortunately, when we were waiting in line, some idiot set a small fire inside and they closed it for the day. At least we got to see the outside (which is quite amazing in itself).

At the foot of Las Ramblas, down at the waterfront there is a boardwalk that takes you the length of the beach and ends with a pier just past where the small boats are docked. There is a small group of restaurants on the pier all competing for your business so prices were reasonable. We had a meal down there one evening when Barcelona was playing Real Madrid. It was quite the party atmosphere .

There are tapas bars everywhere (yum).

We did the hop-on hop-off bus tour so we could see and learn about the city and the different architecture early in the trip. If you choose to do that, make sure to go early in the morning when it’s not so hot and you can sit up top.

Have fun exploring and enjoy your trip .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ sburns yeah, this is our first time there...neither one of us has gone to Europe since we were kids, so like 35 years ago....eeeeekkkk, we're old LMAO

I knew there'd be a lot of bikes, but didn't think there'd be that many...wow...so hopefully that means cagers are more respectful since there are more of us out there and probably year round, unlike here, where there aren't that many and our season is short, so we're not always on the road and cagers forget about us...

Amazing you will enjoy it. I am sure you will have ton's planned but if I can offer you 1 suggestion, check out Font Màgica de Montjuïc in the evening. The whole area around there is great. Close by you will see a real round about at Plaza Espanya.

The city does have a relaxed pulse/and flow so there is more harmony then here.

Have fun!

I base out of Marietta an ride from there. As some have suggested it is great riding in any direction from there.
I have done many trips down as it is close and don't take a long time to get there.
If you never been down then you are missing some great riding.

Back
Top Bottom