oh... it gets worse. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

oh... it gets worse.

What do the letters mean? Company that hit them has two trucks and are based in Brampton.
Don't know what the name stands for, but they do apartment reno's

Jeez.... It doesn't take much to write off cars these days... Your SUV "looked" okay, but.... I guess until they take a really good look, who knows what damage lurks unseen..?
'Just got off the phone with my ins. co. They determined just from what I described damage-wise that my F150 is a "total loss"...
I guess they enter the description of the damage along with other data and they're computer spits out a verdict... Lol.
Adjuster will call me soon... Can't wait to see the offer. :-(

It's been many years since I've had to deal with a claim... 'Last time it went very easy... 'Hope it's the same this time.

@Hack. Did you have a bike before this and was it insured? If so, your bike is covered under that policy even if you haven’t contacted to company to make the switch. I believe you have 10 days to notify the insurance company of a change in vehicles.

The broker should know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got now. That one was just driving past. They got hit by Gill (Akshun posted a picture of that truck puking coolant).

This ended the best way it could....nobody is ****** at each other and there's mutual understanding!

Except for the truck driver but hey it's their fault.

@Hack. Did you have a bike before this and was it insured? If so, your bike is covered under that policy even if you haven’t contacted to company to make the switch. I believe you have 10 days to notify the insurance company of a change in vehicles.
'Think you're directing that at Akshun... 'His bike in the trailer.

The broker should know for sure.

I just had my gixxer stolen and they paid out. Just got this one. And….. this happens. I’ll call them in the 10 days deal. Thank you

I hope everything goes smooth for you Akshun... Being involved in a collision is PITA enough, but then there's the potentially messy aftermath.
In most cases it's the innocent party that gets screwed.
In my case it's just money (so far)... I'm not expecting at getting a lot for my truck so not am I only forced into buying a replacement at the worst time in memory (High prices/Low supply) I have to do it on a tight time line.
If this "accident" hadn't happened I'd be able to continue to drive my paid for truck until I decided to replace it... Which definitely wouldn't be now.
I'm also retaining a lawyer just in case our friend's company, the owner of truck decides to screw around. I've come to know there's some potential hanky-panky afoot with their insurance...
Hopefully it's an innocent mistake, but... There's plenty of anecdotal evidence to raise suspicion otherwise.

I hope everything goes smooth for you Akshun... Being involved in a collision is PITA enough, but then there's the potentially messy aftermath.
In most cases it's the innocent party that gets screwed.
In my case it's just money (so far)... I'm not expecting at getting a lot for my truck so not am I only forced into buying a replacement at the worst time in memory (High prices/Low supply) I have to do it on a tight time line.
If this "accident" hadn't happened I'd be able to continue to drive my paid for truck until I decided to replace it... Which definitely wouldn't be now.
I'm also retaining a lawyer just in case our friend's company, the owner of truck decides to screw around. I've come to know there's some potential hanky-panky afoot with their insurance...
Hopefully it's an innocent mistake, but... There's plenty of anecdotal evidence to raise suspicion otherwise.

Not a lot of reason to retain a lawyer... unless you plan on suing them. Your insurer will take care of you and deal with the other's insurance... If the company does screw around... your insurer will take on that fight for you.

Have to concur with @raginduck

with no fault insurance your company pays out for everything, health, vehicle, accessories, etc. they will then go after their company to get the money back.

We'll see I guess...
I'm not too too worried/stressed about it...
My biggest irritation is having to take time out of my day(s) to work on finding a replacement vehicle, but... Hey, what can you do?
Stuff happens.

Oh, edited to add... And knowing that all of GTAM knows what a sweet ass I possess.

Last edited:
I did end up going to the hospital right after everything was towed away. My wife nagged me into it.
Thumb is sprained and a big bruise on my leg. I think I'll live.
I sprained my thumb at the track last year, that was one of the most annoying injuries I've ever had and it took about 8 months to heal properly. By no means is it life altering, but after having it happen to me, I wouldn't dismiss it as a trivial injury anymore.

I sprained my thumb at the track last year, that was one of the most annoying injuries I've ever had and it took about 8 months to heal properly. By no means is it life altering, but after having it happen to me, I wouldn't dismiss it as a trivial injury anymore.
Did it ever fully heal for you or did you lose range of motion?

never understood how these "do it all" companies get so skilled. from paint to plumbing.

I spent 30 years learning one trade, and I'm still learning, but these guys do everything, even countertops!

Did it ever fully heal for you or did you lose range of motion?
It happened last October at Grand Bend and was pretty much fully healed in June. No change in the range of motion, but even to this day, although not common, sometimes I'll move it and it hurts. Sounds like a dumb assed injury, but it was a surprising pain in the hole.

Back
Top Bottom