Nova Scotia active shooter | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Nova Scotia active shooter

Nick Beaton is doing very well pushing and holding the RCMP to account for this trainwreck (his wife was killed largely because of the failure of police to properly notify the public of the danger). He comes across as reasonable and presents well thought out questions. I can only hope that I could do as well in the face of tragedy.

RCMP has still not told him where his wife was killed. That seems like a very straightforward and reasonable request and there is no good reason to keep it suppressed. The complete collapse of the system is still occurring. For whatever reason, the east-coast RCMP is unable to do the job they are required to do.

They might be saving him additional grief, maybe he shouldn't know where his wife was when killed.

'RCMP now gets to decide what info. people can emotionally withstand...?
Any dealings I've had with RCMP has been less than impressive. I wish I could disclose LoL
I'm sure most of their members are fine, upstanding officers, but as an organization... Clown shoes.

They might be saving him additional grief, maybe he shouldn't know where his wife was when killed.

AFAIK if you ask for the information the police are obliged to give it to you.

cops still trying to cover up there f-ups, just watched the news, what a ******** bunch

Not saying that it wasn't handled poorly. But i can understand how it was a really tough situation to deal with. The last thing they wanted was cops shooting cops. The perp was very smart and had everything planned to confuse the police. Sad.

Not saying that it wasn't handled poorly. But i can understand how it was a really tough situation to deal with. The last thing they wanted was cops shooting cops. The perp was very smart and had everything planned to confuse the police. Sad.
I'm not criticizing the physical response (I have no idea whether it deserves it or not, not enough information is available on that front). The RCMP were in trouble from the moment this started with his tactics. I'm not sure any police force can be properly equipped to deal with a well-prepared lone wolf that continues to change outfits and vehicles..

Not issuing an emergency alert very soon after it became apparent that they were dealing with a complete *&^*&^show is inexcusable and cost many lives. All they needed to say was roughly "Active shooter driving around NS. Stay Inside. Further Details to Follow". As soon as they suspect that he may be in a police car, a follow up alert should have been very quickly issued "He may appear to be a police officer. In the interest of public safety, please remain inside and do not approach or answer the door for any police officer." By current accounts, they discovered he was dressed as a cop before 08:00 and were still "working" on issuing an emergency alert four hours later. The communication breakdown is beyond inexcusable.

one thing for sure, is they will never give a straight answer or admit they made a mistake

one thing for sure, is they will never give a straight answer or admit they made a mistake
Which is exactly why, given the magnitude of this screw up, they should have nothing further to do with this case. They can continue day-to-day policing operations and a non-RCMP team should be brought in to investigate this case and the response. They should be witnesses only at this point and refusing to cooperate with the investigation should result in immediate termination. There needs to be a very bright light on this as it is not unique to the RCMP in NS. This was a case study in how not to handle an active shooter situation and all police forces need to know what happened to avoid (or at least minimize) a similar tragedy in their district.

This only ended when it did because of luck. The shooter stopped to get gas in a vehicle they didn't know he was using and an undercover car happened to be filling up at the same gas station.

I can't decide if that is worse than shooting up the fire house or not.

I can't decide if that is worse than shooting up the fire house or not.
Firehouse full of people sheltering from the shooter where you dont identify yourself, shoot a bunch and then drive away. The story behind that portion of the mess will be amazing.

Firehouse full of people sheltering from the shooter where you dont identify yourself, shoot a bunch and then drive away. The story behind that portion of the mess will be amazing.

At least with cops shooting at each other both sides will be a) armed and b) wearing bulletproof vests.

i hope this doesn't take the focus off of the bigger picture

Back
Top Bottom