Not Liking This | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Not Liking This

The weirdest one for me was Google Timelines. I've had an android phone since 2011 and didn't find out about it until maybe 2 years ago. If you have your location services on Google automatically creates a timeline of everywhere you have been. Little creepy to go back and see what I was doing on XYZ date almost a decade ago now.

There is no phone app preinstalled for it or really any obvious notification Google is doing this in the background. I believe the only way you can open your timeline is on a desktop version of google maps and finding it through the sidebar.

Have they made a reality cheating show out of this yet? lol

Seems like a great and cheap way to catch ppl cheating and cashing in on it, especially since it's pretty trivial to take someone's phone, plug it into a computer, break the lock, and TA DA!

Contact tracing is actually a good thing

South Korea and other countries have used it to stop outbreaks from spreading and contain new clusters.......

But you lose your privacy.....

But is your privacy worth killing a few lives?????

Ugh, I've seen this post going around Facebook and such for weeks now.

Why do people automatically go to "conspiracy theory" instead of "Critical thinking" and taking 90 seconds to Google things and educate themselves?

I fear for humanity...

The weirdest one for me was Google Timelines. I've had an android phone since 2011 and didn't find out about it until maybe 2 years ago. If you have your location services on Google automatically creates a timeline of everywhere you have been. Little creepy to go back and see what I was doing on XYZ date almost a decade ago now.

There is no phone app preinstalled for it or really any obvious notification Google is doing this in the background. I believe the only way you can open your timeline is on a desktop version of google maps and finding it through the sidebar.

It was all disclosed in the EULA. Which like most people, you didn't read before clicking "I agree", did you?

BTW, you can access your Timeline via the Google Maps app on a phone.

Back
Top Bottom