Northern Roads - Sand and Road Conditions 2021 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Northern Roads - Sand and Road Conditions 2021

danp

Last weekend I rode Turtle Lake Rd from hwy 141 to hwy 518, it was a gravel/dirt road last year but it's been paved about half way. Might make an interesting alternative to tally ho swords rd if you don't mind doing a short section of hard packed gravel.

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Last weekend I rode Turtle Lake Rd from hwy 141 to hwy 518, it was a gravel/dirt road last year but it's been paved about half way. Might make an interesting alternative to tally ho swords rd if you don't mind doing a short section of hard packed gravel.
I keep wanting to go back on Turtle Lake, but Swords keeps calling my name. Maybe it means a loop is in order!

If you are up near the Bunny Trail and want to hit up a nice bit of hard packed dirt, mixed with flawless paved twisties, then check out Lorimer Lake Rd. The southern portion of it is brand new pavement up to the Tim Hortons Memorial Camp and then it becomes a beautiful narrow dirt/gravel road all the way to the 124. If they ever pave that dirt section that road will be one of the best we have.

Baggsy

Site Supporter
17 (Trans Canada) - Between Sudbury and the east end (417) - Two bridges being fixed, so one lane alternating across them, and new lines being painted.

Top Bottom