NOOO!!! - Clutch wire cut on ninja 250 -"09 | GTAMotorcycle.com

NOOO!!! - Clutch wire cut on ninja 250 -"09

Toxic

Just got back from a trip, as soon as I turned on my road the clutch became loose and I had trouble shifting gears...up or down. Once I got on my drive way I slowed down, held the clutch and waang! Bike stalled on me.

Clutch felt weird so I had a look just where the wire is attached at the clutch and I saw that most of the metal wire was cut and just a small string of wire was still attached. It seems like there is not enough pull for me to hold the clutch down, how can I fix this? Bike won't go on first gear since there is not enough wire for me to hold the clutch...

I will post pics tomorrow, just wondering if anyone could help. Thnxs.

You need a new clutch cable, it happens. Fairly easy job to do as well, even someone with moderate skills can do it.

You need a new clutch cable, it happens. Fairly easy job to do as well, even someone with moderate skills can do it.

+1

had the same thing happen to me at the start of the season. . .

moderate skills is absolutely accurate, 'cause that's what i have--at best--and i managed to do it in about 30 mins.

in my experience, quickest way to get a new cable is to get one through the dealer. . .make sure you lube the crap put that sucker before you bolt it on. . .

Back
Top Bottom