Noob in Downtown Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Noob in Downtown Toronto

Burnout

Hey everyone,

total noob here from downtown Toronto. Taking my rider's course at RTI in August, and I'm really excited. Been lurking around this forum a lot....it's been a wealth of information, so I figured I would just register and start posting!

Good job taking the course! Watch out for those street car tracks.

Hey everyone,

total noob here from downtown Toronto. Taking my rider's course at RTI in August, and I'm really excited. Been lurking around this forum a lot....it's been a wealth of information, so I figured I would just register and start posting!

welcome!
what bike are you riding?

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

Good job taking the course! Watch out for those street car tracks.

...man hole covers, painted lines, dogs, people, cars, etc.....

Welcome

haha...those street car tracks are awful, aren't they? I hate riding my bicycle on them...

I haven't got a bike yet. I figured I would wait until August after I finish the course...don't want to jump the gun. But definitely thinking more of a cruiser style bike, but I'm a little hesitant because of their size and weight. I'm only about 5'6" and a half. Probably start out on a Honda Nighthawk or something along those lines, though...any suggestions?

Noob here as well. Same situation, taking a course in August, don't have a bike yet. Have you found any shops for helmets, jackets, etc. WITHIN the city? All I can find are Scarborough or Etobicoke -- not so fun trying to get to on the TTC.

Noob here as well. Same situation, taking a course in August, don't have a bike yet. Have you found any shops for helmets, jackets, etc. WITHIN the city? All I can find are Scarborough or Etobicoke -- not so fun trying to get to on the TTC.

Nope...I didn't find any helmets in the city except for at Doc's Leathers. Although their helmets didn't see very reliable, but they looked pretty cool. They did however have a couple of hjc full faced helmets. I did find a cool leather jacket that I bought there, but I ended up renting a car and driving out to whitby to go to Royal Distributing. Got a Shoei Qwest helmet, and gotta say I'm pretty stoked about it. My gf also picked up a HJC helmet there, and a cool leather jacket. (She's also doing the course with me in August). I think I read somewhere else in this forum that there is a store around Dundas West area that carries a couple of helmets...can't remember the name right now, but I never ended up checking it out myself.

btw, where are you doing your course in August??

oh, found the original post...it's called studio cycle group on Dundas West....this is the website. www.studiocyclegroup.com

Welcome. The course was money. I had a great time and learnt a ton. And definitely watch out for the street car tracks. I still get nervous around them and I live in the Annex :p

Thank you!
I think I'm going to make the trek to Cycle World Superstore (http://www.cycleworldsuperstore.com) up at sheppard and something this weekend. They seem to have a lot of gear there. I'm looking at the ICON gear -- the Alliance Reflective helmet looks pretty cool (as in temperature) and also high-visibility with reflectors. Also have my eye on the ICON Contra Mil-spec jacket -- also brightly coloured.
I will be doing my course at Centennial College (Eglinton and Warden).
I would have done it at RTI but they seem to have booked up pretty quick.

Welcome to the forum~ don't lurk here :) just join in and say hi ^^

Back
Top Bottom