noob crashes cbr 125 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

noob crashes cbr 125

They have a waiting period. Also need CAA plus to tow a bike

Get the bike looked at absolutely but putting it back together isn't as tough as some peeps make it out to be. Like I said the maintenance manual will have it all, right down to torque specs if you need them

"If you had the knowledge and skill to do this job properly, you wouldn't be asking the question you asked in the place that you asked it."

Just my opinion, though.
100 % agree. Even if you had never done it before, if you mechanically inclined you would know how to do this job, from the nature of your questions you are better off getting someone else to do it.

Where are you located? we can recommend you places to go, or if you are close enough to me i can help you and teach you how to do it... or just get Alfred to do it :)

Last edited:
Hmmm dented rim and cinder block moved 5-10' - sounds a bit harder hit than 10k.

An no you don't want to have hit the block...gear can only do so much. I came off on dirt at 15k or so and shoulder still hurts 6 weeks later tho getting better and I just hit the ground ( mind you unusually hard as the peg dug in for a rather sudden stop. )
Full armor - the knee protectors worked - the shoulder?? not sure might have hit just ahead of the shoulder cups.

If you don't know what target fixation is ....look it up - might have had a play in this.

I dropped my ninja 650r, clutch lever was bent, new OEM from kahuna was only $13.xx. Buy a new one! Clutch lever is easy to swap out. Just read up on it first! On my bike there was a little spring you have to watch out for.

100 % agree. Even if you had never done it before, if you mechanically inclined you would know how to do this job, from the nature of your questions you are better off getting someone else to do it.

Where are you located? we can recommend you places to go, or if you are close enough to me i can help you and teach you how to do it... or just get Alfred to do it :)

im in north scarborough, near markham.

Alfred has developed a drinking problem as of late. i would gladly fire him but he knows too much.

is there any problem with me just taking the parts off the bike? i can't ride it so it would have to be towed/trailered anyways so whats the harm in taking them off and sizing it up for myself?

im in north scarborough, near markham.

Alfred has developed a drinking problem as of late. i would gladly fire him but he knows too much.

is there any problem with me just taking the parts off the bike? i can't ride it so it would have to be towed/trailered anyways so whats the harm in taking them off and sizing it up for myself?
Take them off, it shouldn't be a big deal if you feel you are mechanically enclined, just make sure you pay attention when you taking them off so you know how to put them back on.

here are some pics. let me know if i should delete some or get more or whatever. thanks for all the help so far guys. i only know a couple people who ride and this forum has helped me come a long way in a little time.

broken rim side.jpg
broken rim side 2.jpg

i have a few more pics but it says that the pics exceed the quota. anyways, the other side of the wheel/rim looks normal. the tire is still in place all around. i guess i hit the corner of the block

Hmmm dented rim and cinder block moved 5-10' - sounds a bit harder hit than 10k.

An no you don't want to have hit the block...gear can only do so much. I came off on dirt at 15k or so and shoulder still hurts 6 weeks later tho getting better and I just hit the ground ( mind you unusually hard as the peg dug in for a rather sudden stop. )
Full armor - the knee protectors worked - the shoulder?? not sure might have hit just ahead of the shoulder cups.

If you don't know what target fixation is ....look it up - might have had a play in this.

yeah i guess your right. i can't buy myself new body parts, which is why i bought full gear to begin with.

i know what target fixation is i believe. i don't think it was a factor in this case. i didn't even see the block. i didn't even notice the block until a few minutes later after i checked myself out, then the bike, then tried to reconstruct what happened. i think i just got to throttle happy since that ride i was cranking the throttle as much as i could. i was patting myself on the back for a good run, 5 min walk from home and forgot the basics. yeah im a noob,

here are some pics. let me know if i should delete some or get more or whatever. thanks for all the help so far guys. i only know a couple people who ride and this forum has helped me come a long way in a little time.

View attachment 32220
View attachment 32221

Delete what?
With a rim that bent, 100% get a new one. Its not even worth fixing - I was thinking maybe it was dented a bit on the edge or something. That thing is dented all the way through so you can see the other side. It will never be the same even if you tried to fix it.

Even if you could fix that rim it would cost more then a replacement would. I had to get a rim fixed for my bike, cheapest I could find was $160.

I wouldn't worry so much about the rim and tire, I would be checking the forks/triple tree/frame for damage before investing any money in other parts, why fix the wheel if the frame is ****ed?

Delete what?
With a rim that bent, 100% get a new one. Its not even worth fixing - I was thinking maybe it was dented a bit on the edge or something. That thing is dented all the way through so you can see the other side. It will never be the same even if you tried to fix it.

i meant delete pictures since i had a few more.

yes i knew right away that the rim would need to be replaced. i was shocked when i first saw it. i thought i had just fell from hitting the small curb or something but once i saw the rim i had to step back and piece together what had happened.

so any advice on where to get parts and where to fix it? im in north scarborough near markham. right now cycleworld around the corner seems to be my best option

ebay if you don't mind the wait, or a local Honda dealership. Markham Outdoor Power will have everything you need, as will Kahuna Powersports. Cycleworld isn't your best option, unless you want used old stuff for a supersport or cruiser. Judging by the pictures, you need a new front tire as well. Pete's Superbike is a good place to order from. Prices are excellent and shipping is fast. Good luck with the repairs, and remember to keep your eyes on the prize next time!

Fixing your bike is the easy part. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't kill someone or yourself. Once you get your bike fixed go to a empty parking lot and practice slow speed maneuvers. Remember turn your head and eyes where you want to go and the bike will follow. Even if you were trigger happy you should have been controlling your speed with the Clutch when going slow. Hope this helps.

Well just call around for prices. It also depends on how far you're willing to tow it. If I were you, I would just go to the closest reputable shop and get it checked out first to see what needs to be done - as you mentioned, cycleworld.

For my bike needs I go to Fawaz at SpeedWorx (Racer5) as they have a fleet of cbr125 race bikes so you know they're familiar with the bike and they're service was always good for me (cbr125). It is located in Markham btw.

http://www.speedworxsuperbike.com/

arent these bikes like $1500-2000 used??
but a spare one for parts with a lot of km on it.

Well just call around for prices. It also depends on how far you're willing to tow it. If I were you, I would just go to the closest reputable shop and get it checked out first to see what needs to be done - as you mentioned, cycleworld.

For my bike needs I go to Fawaz at SpeedWorx (Racer5) as they have a fleet of cbr125 race bikes so you know they're familiar with the bike and they're service was always good for me (cbr125). It is located in Markham btw.

http://www.speedworxsuperbike.com/

oh nice, thanks for the link. if anything, ill definately check that place out sometime. looks like ill be on the 125 for a while so ill probably switch some things up on it like get an exhaust, etc.

Back
Top Bottom