Non motorcycle legal help | GTAMotorcycle.com

Non motorcycle legal help

happycrappy

Site Supporter
Hey, so I have a very unique situation that I'm hoping a paralegal or lawyer on here may be able to help with. The cole's notes description is I need assistance on how I can file at a Family court to ask for a court date - PM me for more details; this is not a divorce/custody issue, but regarding medical treatment for a minor. I do have a case law reference, proper forms, doc reference, etc, I just have no clue how to approach the court for an appearance date. TIA

Have you tried contacting an actual lawyer who provides a free initial consultation? That will also give you an idea of how you like them in case you need to hire them.

Have you tried contacting an actual lawyer who provides a free initial consultation? That will also give you an idea of how you like them in case you need to hire them.
Afaik, most lawyers give 15 to 30 minutes free phone consultation to talk through your issues and let you know the expected path. I have used that system before when I wanted to know whether something was worth pursuing and thankfully never needed more than the phone call.

GTAM used to have a lawyer on the board but he moved out west and since then, I don't think anyone else has admitted to being one (probably to avoid the flood of questions, I suspect there should be at least a few here).

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies - I have been in touch with 4 lawyers, and the repeat answer is they do not specialize in it, and good luck. Even with the file provided, they move on pretty quickly. I distantly remember reading a document that showed a regulated flat-rate process for these sensitive issues, which is probably why they suddenly can't help. One of the referrals for a lawyer actually came from the treatment facility, and they denied us too.

Despite the pain of doing this, I will add that this matter of specialty is under the

Child, Youth and Family Services Act Section 161(1)​

Have you reached out to social services to see what they have for information?

I know it’s a stretch but might be worth the call

Have you reached out to social services to see what they have for information?

I know it’s a stretch but might be worth the call
Could be - It's funny (not) that I am connected at every conceivable level, including the provincial office for complex special needs, but literally nobody knows how to do this. It's unbelievable.

I believe you can reach out to the local BAR association (or whatever it's called) where you can state your issue, and they'll actually point you to the appropriate lawyer for that particular issue.

Wish I could offer you more, but my only contact with lawyers to date is real estate lawyers (Thank God).

Try to find a child psychologist, even a family doctor. They move on theses matters from time to time.

If you are a parent, guardian or trustee social services will do it for you.

Back
Top Bottom