no need to ask for forgiveness | GTAMotorcycle.com

no need to ask for forgiveness

Carvin

On a recent trip to the backroads of PA my wife causually mentions over the Scala that she wants me to buy a touring bike for us to ride but I can have a second bike for what I like to do. What??? Okay, if I have to :p So as weeks go by we discuss the pros and cons of BMW's K1600 GT vs. GTL, Goldwing, Victory Cross Tour, Harley and many others. My favourite is the BMW K1600 GT but the absence of the top box and cost to upgrade quickly passes the cost of buying the GTL. The GTL's seat is too low but that can be changed. The bike has gobs of power. The wifes pick is the Goldwing. Proven, reliable, and I think they even come with pwr windows and A/C.

So, on the way back from soccer my 12 year old and I head to Bramptons favourite multiline dealer. This was my first and last time here. We arrived early and upon entry into the empty store none of the 6-8 staff acknowledged our arrival. I sat on that Goldwing for 10+ minutes, reviewing every function and feature with a salesperson sitting 10 feet away. Not once did he ask if we needed help. Off we go to look at the dirt bikes, dual sports, Sea Doo's, jackets, helmets, Spyder (2X), BRP Maverick (i now need one), and back to the Goldwing but still no hello, can we help you? do you have any questions? So I try a test. I walk over and talk to reception and ask about booking a test ride. "test rides are over for the season, Markham had one last week". Oh really!? Is Honda putting on demo rides as Mosport this weekend? Can you ask a salesperson? I'm Interested in the Goldwing ($30k bike), can you ask a salesperson (hint)? She calls a sales person over, asks the question, he answers and walks away! What? Time to go....... on the way out my 12 year old daughter asks if there was a more expensive bike in the showroom that we could have looked at to get attention from a salesperson. I don't think there was.

Don't know the place, but lol.... you're about to spend 30k on a motorcycle and you're fretting over the fact that nobody talked to you? Maybe they were just trying to be nice---most people would rather think about it on their own without pushy sales people.

If you're talking about Brampton Powersport, I was greeted within mins of arrival
Did you go in near closing time? Considering sales make money from commission I can't see why they would ignore you.

I'm pretty sure I know the dealer you're taking about and I have to say I like their no pressure approach. If I want help I ask for it. Otherwise leave me alone while I sit on their bikes.

In Switzerland they just tell you you can't afford it.

Kidding aside they may have just seen it as a father daughter outing but the specific questions should have rung a bell.

I'm pretty sure I know the dealer you're taking about and I have to say I like their no pressure approach. If I want help I ask for it. Otherwise leave me alone while I sit on their bikes.

That's how I prefer to shop too. I hate having sales people hovering over you, especially when I'm trying to discuss a product with my wife and they're listening in on the entire conversation. I'd rather have to go up to someone and say, "Hey, I need some help."

If you are talking about Brampton Powersports, I think that group of guys and gals are top notch. I've never bought a bike from them but I have spent time talking to their sales staff and a lot of time talking to Joe, the parts guy. Parts and service people are great there.

I agree with the no pressure approach when buying something, but even "Hello, my name is ___, if you have any questions, just ask" would be nice to feel that the dealership acknowledges the person..

On a recent trip to the backroads of PA my wife causually mentions over the Scala that she wants me to buy a touring bike for us to ride but I can have a second bike for what I like to do. What??? Okay, if I have to :p So as weeks go by we discuss the pros and cons of BMW's K1600 GT vs. GTL, Goldwing, Victory Cross Tour, Harley and many others. My favourite is the BMW K1600 GT but the absence of the top box and cost to upgrade quickly passes the cost of buying the GTL. The GTL's seat is too low but that can be changed. The bike has gobs of power. The wifes pick is the Goldwing. Proven, reliable, and I think they even come with pwr windows and A/C.

So, on the way back from soccer my 12 year old and I head to Bramptons favourite multiline dealer. This was my first and last time here. We arrived early and upon entry into the empty store none of the 6-8 staff acknowledged our arrival. I sat on that Goldwing for 10+ minutes, reviewing every function and feature with a salesperson sitting 10 feet away. Not once did he ask if we needed help. Off we go to look at the dirt bikes, dual sports, Sea Doo's, jackets, helmets, Spyder (2X), BRP Maverick (i now need one), and back to the Goldwing but still no hello, can we help you? do you have any questions? So I try a test. I walk over and talk to reception and ask about booking a test ride. "test rides are over for the season, Markham had one last week". Oh really!? Is Honda putting on demo rides as Mosport this weekend? Can you ask a salesperson? I'm Interested in the Goldwing ($30k bike), can you ask a salesperson (hint)? She calls a sales person over, asks the question, he answers and walks away! What? Time to go....... on the way out my 12 year old daughter asks if there was a more expensive bike in the showroom that we could have looked at to get attention from a salesperson. I don't think there was.

I stopped reading after you said your wife said you can have a second bike. Is she your mommy?

You guys are missing the point. OP states his arrival was not acknowledged. Totally different than the "no pressure approach" everyone's talking about.

A little "Hello, how's it going?" or "Welcome, please feel free to take your time around the store" seem to be a lost art in today's retail space.

First world problems, where everyones entitlement has to be meet with groveling peons.

Did you want the bike? You on a date and have to play the woo game where if you are to forward you'll get rejected? Why didnt you walk up to a sales guy and start the conversation "Hi, i'm interested in that bike...."

Noooo, you want the upper hand in the negotiations, where people approach you and therefore YOU are the king.

In the end you didnt like their approach and will take your business elsewhere.

10 min after we'll have another dude posting about nosy and pushy sales guys and how all he wants to do is be left alone.

First world problems, where everyones entitlement has to be meet with groveling peons.

Did you want the bike? You on a date and have to play the woo game where if you are to forward you'll get rejected? Why didnt you walk up to a sales guy and start the conversation "Hi, i'm interested in that bike...."

Noooo, you want the upper hand in the negotiations, where people approach you and therefore YOU are the king.

In the end you didnt like their approach and will take your business elsewhere.

10 min after we'll have another dude posting about nosy and pushy sales guys and how all he wants to do is be left alone.

Fo sho

You asked about the demo ride and you received an answer. You never mentioned that wanted to buy the bike.

Agree with the O.P. that place is hit or miss. Acknowledgement is different from pressure. Being in such a seasonal business where every penny counts, I think that the majority of stealerships in the GTA need a lesson on customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're talking about brampton powersports I found them to be great to deal with. I bought my gsxr from Ian. Can't ask for a better sales guy to deal with :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom