No more junkers | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No more junkers

Thing sounds like a beast

Get my new vette soon. Was built last week finally. I'm on the list for all the variants , Z06 , ZR1 , ZORA, Going to be some awesome cars coming from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get my new vette soon. Was built last week finally. I'm on the list for all the variants , Z06 , ZR1 , ZORA, Going to be some awesome cars coming from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally saw one in the wild yesterday. Who is buying them, corvette people moving up or exotic people taking a swing at an interesting domestic?

Finally saw one in the wild yesterday. Who is buying them, corvette people moving up or exotic people taking a swing at an interesting domestic?

Both and many new buyers like me.,.I didnt want a vette before they went mid engine . And now they are making right hand drive versions for , Japan, England , Australia....they are sold out for the next 2 years at least.

I've seen about a dozen so far in the wild. I've seen them in every color. On topic though, if people are interested in $5-10k used bikes, there's another thread for that.

I find it interesting how most bike riders love quickshifters, but most car drivers hate them.

I find it interesting how most bike riders love quickshifters, but most car drivers hate them.

I think they're great for the track, both car and bike. They'll shift quicker and more precisely and ultimately result in lower lap times.

But on the street, I prefer to row my own gears and use a clutch lever/pedal. It's just more engaging that way.

With all these new gadgets that ride/drive your vehicle for you, the logical next step is a self-driving vehicle. Just sit back and relax and tell the robot chauffeur where you want to go.

I think they're great for the track, both car and bike. They'll shift quicker and more precisely and ultimately result in lower lap times.

But on the street, I prefer to row my own gears and use a clutch lever/pedal. It's just more engaging that way.

With all these new gadgets that ride/drive your vehicle for you, the logical next step is a self-driving vehicle. Just sit back and relax and tell the robot chauffeur where you want to go.

That's pretty much where we're headed with all the nanny tech discussed in the other thread. ABS means you just grab a fist full of brake. Traction control means you just grab a fist full of throttle. Manual steering seems to be the final frontier.

Once upon a time, I thought this was a nightmarish outcome, adding to the multitude of ways we've disconnected from the day-to-day.

Now? I, for one, welcome our robot overlords. Bring it the eff on. Please remove the human factor from rush hour traffic stat. The sooner we have cars that can 'talk' to one another and therefore eliminate the friction of traffic caused by our ape brains, the better. Being able to make a commute into productive time is also a huge bonus. I know I can take the train, but pre-pandemic it was a sardine can, and if you're not going downtown it adds a huge chunk of time transferring onto buses.

The only thing that concerns me is the associated loss of jobs in the driving field, and I'd happily deal with rush hour to save that work, but at the current rate of progress in automated driving, it's only a question of when...

That's pretty much where we're headed with all the nanny tech discussed in the other thread. ABS means you just grab a fist full of brake. Traction control means you just grab a fist full of throttle. Manual steering seems to be the final frontier.

I've had these discussions with my friends in the tech industry. They seem convinced that self-driving vehicles will be an inevitability.

I have a different opinion though. I think that as soon as the number of kids getting run over and killed by self-driving cars escalate, fully-automated vehicles will be taken off the roads.

Even if it was entirely the kid's fault and no system, human or computer, could have avoided the accident, the general public just can't stomach the idea of machines killing children. At least not in North America, where children's safety mostly seems to take precedent over money. This may not be the same in other cultures where the sanctity of a human life, young or otherwise, is not as important.

I think computer-aided guidance will continue to grow, but fully-automated systems just can't provide the same amount of culpability, indemnification and recrimination that a child's death seems to require.

Just my opinion. Time will tell.

Once upon a time, I thought this was a nightmarish outcome, adding to the multitude of ways we've disconnected from the day-to-day.

Now? I, for one, welcome our robot overlords. Bring it the eff on. Please remove the human factor from rush hour traffic stat. The sooner we have cars that can 'talk' to one another and therefore eliminate the friction of traffic caused by our ape brains, the better. Being able to make a commute into productive time is also a huge bonus. I know I can take the train, but pre-pandemic it was a sardine can, and if you're not going downtown it adds a huge chunk of time transferring onto buses.

The only thing that concerns me is the associated loss of jobs in the driving field, and I'd happily deal with rush hour to save that work, but at the current rate of progress in automated driving, it's only a question of when...

Not sure if tongue is firmly planted in cheek or not, but if it isn't:

This is okay for the general commuting public, but on a forum where almost everyone here rides mainly for pleasure, it is most certainly a nightmare scenario.

But also, America and their Live Free or Die attitude will never adopt automated-guidance-only systems. It will always remain a choice.

As for Canada... I'm not so sure. I can totally see us go down that path.

Auto driving cars might work ok in the nice weather, but come snowy commutes they will still need a human to operate the car.

Back
Top Bottom