No more demo rides? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No more demo rides?

Personally I still find the lack of demo days/test rides from dealerships a little odd...I mean, if I were buying a car, I'd want to actually drive it 1-2x first and compare it with other models before deciding. I can understand no new riders on a $5000 low cc bike, but if I were spending $15,000 on a new VFR, a high end Ducati, Goldwing, etc I'd want to try it first.

Even buying my current bike, as I was deciding between the CBR600RRA and CBR650F, I wanted to ride them back to back, which I did, at a demo day.

Glad Yamaha is still doing them. I went and rode the FZ09 last year... still cant afford to insure it but its fun for that half hour :)

I just got an invite from Indian, they asked me to let them know which bikes I'd like to try in Barrie.

While not my favorite bike, I think they are my new favorite motorcycle company. The seem to get the industry issues, and if they come thryu with those road-ready dirt trackers, I'm all in.
I really like that FTR

If they price it right, im in

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Glad Yamaha is still doing them. I went and rode the FZ09 last year... still cant afford to insure it but its fun for that half hour :)

As soon as Yamaha figures out letting people joy ride without generating a sale... Their demo rides will end too.

As soon as Yamaha figures out letting people joy ride without generating a sale... Their demo rides will end too.

Cool story bro, I've been wanting to seriously buy it for three years and been getting quotes every 6 months trying to find one below $2000.... when I say can't afford I mean "something I'm willing to pay for 6 months of riding".

Not sure if posted but ktm still running demos

Surprisingly no ready powersports
b1aeb6f1f50fe487d2f237163cf25732.jpg
c7339f9f2bac827b47dcee55fa6b1ba5.jpg

Cool story bro, I've been wanting to seriously buy it for three years and been getting quotes every 6 months trying to find one below $2000.... when I say can't afford I mean "something I'm willing to pay for 6 months of riding".

Yep

Insurance + weather are 2 of the killers of motorcycle sales, dont blame it on the consumer

Yep

Insurance + weather are 2 of the killers of motorcycle sales, dont blame it on the consumer

I am still laughing he came at me like that over using a demo day for what it's meant for.

In fact, the first demo day I did with Yamaha is what made me not be able to forget about that triple. So fun. It's the only bike I have on my list when I'm able to upgrade from a 400cc.

So I've never been for a demo ride before. Curious, do you have to reserve a slot or is it first-come-first-serve? If it's only 1.5 hours (Yamaha) then not a lot of people would get to ride the bike they want.

The text that I posted from ATC corral does indicate that we need to reserve a slot.

Where do you see 1.5 hr? Most rides are 20-30 mins

Ànd majority of demo rides are first come first serve

So I've never been for a demo ride before. Curious, do you have to reserve a slot or is it first-come-first-serve? If it's only 1.5 hours (Yamaha) then not a lot of people would get to ride the bike they want.

The text that I posted from ATC corral does indicate that we need to reserve a slot.

It's usually 30 minutes per ride, but yeah maybe that 10-11:30 is wrong? Only going 3 times is very short. I know the Yamaha they do at least 10 times out.

It's usually 30 minutes per ride, but yeah maybe that 10-11:30 is wrong? Only going 3 times is very short. I know the Yamaha they do at least 10 times out.

Yeah, I hope it's an error. Well I just bought the bike that I always wanted, so maybe I should let serious buyers do the demo rides especially if the time is so short. I just wanted to ride a Yamaha for once, and also want to try the Kawi Z900 or Z1000 as a potential next bike.

Yeah, I hope it's an error. Well I just bought the bike that I always wanted, so maybe I should let serious buyers do the demo rides especially if the time is so short. I just wanted to ride a Yamaha for once, and also want to try the Kawi Z900 or Z1000 as a potential next bike.

the yamahas are better bikes.(fz 09/10)

The z900/1000 are typical japanese inline 4s

Perhaps ... I would like to ride and find out

FZ9 is 'punch you in the gut and take your lunch money' acceleration. :p Not what everyone is looking for perhaps. Seems there are other bikes that can give you a similar rush, but you need to wind them out a lot more.

I'd like to try mt10/s1kr/super duke as potential upgrades down the stretch.

Last edited:
FZ9 is 'punch you in the gut and take your lunch money' acceleration. Not what everyone is looking for perhaps. Seems there are other bikes that can give you a similar rush, but you need to wind them out a lot more.
That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for lol

Back
Top Bottom