No Harley Bikes here ..? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

No Harley Bikes here ..?

How many Sport bikebike riders actually ride "Sporty?"
How many of them are riding scared?
Exactly.

Motorcycles, like cars, are sometimes reflections of who we are.

Other times they reflect a fantasy -- the person we would like to be.

Adventure bikes are standard bikes dressed up with a bunch of decorations. While you can make a criticism that most owners don't take them off road, you can also make that same criticism of Jeeps and Range Rovers and 4Runners and the like. And you can make a criticism that most sport bike owners don't take them to the racetrack. Touring bikes are generally used for their intended purpose but dammit I have no interest in a bike that weighs the better part of half a tonne.

I suspect my 800# VTX1300 has seen more offroad time than a lot of adventure bike poseurs. :sneaky:

e9633f3f-5bc8-41f0-b679-f76076cc6781-jpeg.41115

um guys, those look like pretty good roads :|

Next time you’re doing 130 on the interstate headed to the Carolinas or something on your trials bike post some photos, and I’ll be sure next time I’m in the Ganaraska Forest to head off onto the dirt bike trails on my cruiser and get some photos for you in return.

Last edited:
Trust me ;) my trials bikes are well traveled.

save you the angst :rolleyes:

One thing HD does better than any other brand is provide rentals.

Extended warranty also.

My 2010 XR1200 is warrantied till 2023 with unlimited mileage, who else will stand behind their bikes for up to 15 years with unlimited mileage??? I could get another two years of warranty but will probably be demoing the Triumph Street Triple against the HD Bareknuckle Streetfighter for a replacement at that time. Got mine new in 2013, served me well enough, new tires and 96 thousand service in morning.

Extended warranty also.

My 2010 XR1200 is warrantied till 2023 with unlimited mileage, who else will stand behind their bikes for up to 15 years with unlimited mileage??? I could get another two years of warranty but will probably be demoing the Triumph Street Triple against the HD Bareknuckle Streetfighter for a replacement at that time. Got mine new in 2013, served me well enough, new tires and 96 thousand service in morning.
What a way to save a sinking ship.
That stealership has you coming back to them for everything for 15 years.

What a smart peanut.

What a way to save a sinking ship.
That stealership has you coming back to them for everything for 15 years.

What a smart peanut.

Lol, thought with the name Low Rider, we was drinkin' the same koolaid!

Actually it is a choice. You can do your own maintenance , or if you have other stuff you like to do, pay a licensed mechanic to do the work. Although I took the motorcycle mechanics course at Centennial College in Scarborough in the 80's, I choose to pay a licensed tech to do the work. In past, always had Honda's and did my own work, as well as some full restorations that have been since sold. All about priorities, got about 3 lbs of stuff to harvest while my bike is serviced.

tire
Adventure bikes are standard bikes dressed up with a bunch of decorations. While you can make a criticism that most owners don't take them off road, you can also make that same criticism of Jeeps and Range Rovers and 4Runners and the like. And you can make a criticism that most sport bike owners don't take them to the racetrack. Touring bikes are generally used for their intended purpose but dammit I have no interest in a bike that weighs the better part of half a tonne.
It doesn’t take much to switch a motorcycle from standard to make it a functional ADV. Tougher rims, bigger front wheel, suspension upgrade and a low end Torque tune. And a cosmetic beak.

Is is this any different than what adv enthusiasts have done themselves for the last 50 years?

I1569676150830.jpeg

Extended warranty also.
My 2010 XR1200 is warrantied till 2023 with unlimited mileage, who else will stand behind their bikes for up to 15 years with unlimited mileage??? ....
Hold on now, that's not H-D standing behind their product for 15 years, that's an extended warranty purchase to cover specified parts and materials against defects in materials and workmanship for the period of time that you purchase that extended warranty for.
... and if you read the fine print they can use aftermarket, refurbished or 'used parts' to repair anything that actually proved to be defective in that time.

I was writing a post and it ended up saying the same thing - style and art.

There is also one other reason people buy cruisers - they are incredibly easy to ride. Compared to all other categories of motorcycles (scooters excepted), most novices have little difficulty mounting a 600lb mid-weight cruiser as their learner bike. That's a lot harder and certainly more dangerous on a mid-weight SS, ST, standard or ADV bike.

I find your post interesting. I’m a sport bike rider and have never owned a cruiser. But I’ve always said the same as yourself, except from the other point of view, it’s much easier learning on a light bike that
handles than on a a cruiser that doesnt.

low C of G makes cruisers, although heavy, very easy to ride
low seat height and moderate acceleration also add to this

the ergos and the whole package discourage spirited riding
so the poor handling and brakes are not really a drawback

but the name says it all
it's about the ride
the scenery
the experience
operating the machine is not that important with a cruiser

If you learn to drive a cruiser really really good, does that make you a good motorcycle rider?
... well I don't know, let's see you try and ride something else ;)

... and how do we edit out these viglink things that spam up our comments? :mad: I'm going to start calling them crushers.

If you learn to drive a cruiser really really good, does that make you a good motorcycle rider?
... well I don't know, let's see you try and ride something else ;)

I would say no not really. Doesn’t take a whole of skill to sit on a cruiser and just click off miles. On the other hand I’m a firm believer that riding as many different style of bikes as possible allows you to keep improving your skill set.

I admit I am struggling to think where riding a cruiser has helped me on other bikes.

Back
Top Bottom