Ninja 650r | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 650r

I'd say if you can get one for less than $5,000 it's a good deal.
Check if it needs tires and/or chain, 'cause it might if it's 3 years old and that's a few hundred extra right away.

As for insurance, State Farm seems to be the best for new riders with smaller displacement. I was quoted around $1,500 for a Suzuki GS500 and $700 for ZZR250, which I ended up buying. Full coverage, I'm over 25 with 2 minor tickets. I'm not so sure about the 650 but then again it's not a SS.
So you shouldn't have to pay more than $2,000 for insurance for a 650, no matter what, unless your record's dirty.

I think a driving record is like credit... Bad record is on the same terms as no record.

Saddly I have no record so probably helps out on the price. But at 23/24 i was quoted at over 2k. So its not that great. State farm cant do me as I do not have a G.

Im gonna look over it first for sure..

I think a driving record is like credit... Bad record is on the same terms as no record.

Saddly I have no record so probably helps out on the price. But at 23/24 i was quoted at over 2k. So its not that great. State farm cant do me as I do not have a G.

Yes, this is true. Your Motorcycle Driving Record is the number of years you have been riding without making an at-fault claim. It starts at 0, and usually maxes out at 3 for most companies (for bikes) or 6 (for cars).

I am 30+, full M license, 7 years licensed, paying $610 / year for my 07 650r, full coverage, with TD Meloche Monnex. Like most said, stick with 500cc, that should help. And ride conservatively always! That will save you $ down the road.

I would not get a 250cc though, as the power is a bit lacking.

Last edited:
Looks are definitely important for a bike...who wants to ride something they're embarassed to be seen in? Just don't ride ONLY to look cool, but there's absolutely nothing wrong in making your bike look good to you. It's YOUR bike, you want it to be pretty.

I'm 25, 1 car accident, 1 minor speeding ticket, newly licensed M1 (M2 pending) with a 07 gsxr600 and I'm paying $1100 with State Farm.

I also believe TD Meloche won't cover anyone under 25, though their rates aren't bad if you have several years riding experience and a clean record.

OP is two years old. I'm sure he's figured out his bike situation by now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom