Ninja 650r - Pipe Breather - What is this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 650r - Pipe Breather - What is this?

iegod

So I've encountered this part before but was never inclined to find out more. Now that I'm in super cleaning mode and disassembling more of the bike I want to know what it is, and why it's got some dark liquid "gunk" in it. It's connected to the air box and just kind of dangles beneath it into nothing.

The service manual has no mention of it. What is this? Do I need to empty that liquid?

The service manual has no mention of it. What is this? Do I need to empty that liquid?
It's the oil collection tube for the airbox (for oil that's blown into it). That's a huge collection tube, my R6S's tube is about 1" long. I would empty it, if it gets "full" then oil will start to collect in the airbox :)

-Jamie M.

my 250 has it as well, it's just for draining oil and other crud from the airbox, altho mine dangles out the bottom of the bike next to the tube for the coolant overflow

Kamikaze , correct me if I'm wrong but that second tube is a fuel tank vent tube. I think the 250r has a collection area under the air filter box. You just unscrew the bolt and clean out the excess oil (if there's any).

Back
Top Bottom