Ninja 300 OTD? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 OTD?

The first ad you posted, blows these two out of the water. Only thing is damn guy is not responding.

One of the two later suggestions (the red one) clearly states "NEEDS TO BE SOLD" several times. That screams "I won't refuse pretty much any offer" to me - people that put that sort of stuff in their ads scream desperation to me and puts you in the drivers seat.

Offer the $1K cash you have in your pocket right now to take it uncertified (make sure he knows you have it now, in cash, and will come pick it up immediately...so he knows you're serious and motivated, not just another Kijiji window shopper) and run with it. From the sounds of it it won't need much, if anything, to certify, and if it does it'll likely be minor stuff and you've got a few weeks to save up the cash to pay for that anyways before the season begins in earnest. If it does need nothing, bigger bonus yet.

Depending on how motivated he is, you never know. If he counter offers something like $1400, offer split the difference at $1200 and keep pushing.

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.

Last edited:
Msged about the red bike. the silver bike is way too far away. The 50k millage on the red bike is sucky.

The 50k millage on the red bike is sucky.

All the more reason to lowball. It ain't gonna blow up at 55K or anything unless it's already sick. Check it out before handing over the cash.

You're into champagne taste/beer budget territory now. ;)

haha lets see what he says. Maybe one of u guys come come with me to check it out. Willing to supply the beer :)

haha lets see what he says. Maybe one of u guys come come with me to check it out. Willing to supply the beer :)
Message @Iceman. He's closer to that silver bike, so it would be less of a hassle for him. He may also have a trailer. ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Message @Iceman. He's closer to that silver bike, so it would be less of a hassle for him. He may also have a trailer. 

god these people on Kijiji take forever to replay. I have literally been glued to my computer screen refreshing every 2min to see if they replied to my email.

Called the first guy again. Look like the bike was sold.
The silver bike. Guy wont go lower then 1500 and its as is. Not certified.
All that's remaining is the red bike.

Last edited:
This is a decent deal.

Please view this ad:

ZZR 250 Kawasaki,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/owen-sound/zzr-250-kawasaki/1149301580

Price: $*1,800

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg
Or this

Please view this ad:

Kawasaki Ninja for Sale Great Condition,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-touring/barrie/kawasaki-ninja-for-sale-great-condition/1147468877

Price: $*1,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

@DjSamphard I don't like the first one.
The 2nd is ok imo, and the 3rd us my fave. But neither says certified. In which case the 1500 seems better. Ask the 1500 what it needs to safety, if he knows.

Contacted the last person the 2003 ninja for 1500. She said all the bike needs for cert is new tires. And is willing to sell the bike for 1400.

The zzr can go down to 1650.

Last edited:
Contacted the last person the 2003 ninja for 1500. She said all the bike needs for cert is new tires. And is willing to sell the bike for 1400.

Keep in mind tires can be a bit of an expense - typically $125+ in labor plus the cost of the tires themselves. Getting new rubber on my wifes bike right now, took them off myself and delivered to GP but even then still $40/tire mounting and balancing plus the cost of the rubber, so I'm in for about $300 by the time it's all done. If taking them off yourself isn't something you're mechanically comfortable with, plan on paying the extra labor.

Just something to keep in mind.

And trust nobody's "promises" on what a bike needs to certify unless they're willing to put it on paper and reimburse you for any surprises (good luck with that). Unless they're a mechanic, for all they know it needs new brake hoses, clutch cable, fork seals, etc. Lots and lots of horror stories out there about people buying used vehicles on assurances that turned out to be a load of crap.

I just remembered. One of my friends has a 2011 ninja 250 that he got at auction and repaired last month. He is willing to sell me it for 2500 ( Which is for cost of what he paid for auction and repair). I think it has 20-25k on it. Is 2500 a decent deal. I trust him 100% just not sure if 2500 is good deal.

I just remembered. One of my friends has a 2011 ninja 250 that he got at auction and repaired last month. He is willing to sell me it for 2500 ( Which is for cost of what he paid for auction and repair). I think it has 20-25k on it. Is 2500 a decent deal. I trust him 100% just not sure if 2500 is good deal.

Look around on Kijiji and see if it's a good price. Also why would he be willing to sell it to you at cost if he just repaired it?

Last edited:

I wouldn't pay that much for an auction bike with no history. If your friend had ridden it for a year with no problems, I would consider it. Vehicles go to auctions for a reason.

I wouldn't pay that much for an auction bike with no history. If your friend had ridden it for a year with no problems, I would consider it. Vehicles go to auctions for a reason.
@DjSamphard this ^^^
And what @PrivatePilot said.
I am the type to offer $1400 + the cost of tires+install +safety, and see if they will do it. Usually, if they agree, they are pretty confident in the ability of the bike to be certified. If not, they are either, lazy, think they can get another buyer, or there is more wrong with the bike than they are willing to admit.

He bought 4 bikes off auction

I know someone with a 2011 ninja 250 with like 1200km. I believe it's the special addition one. It's been sitting in his garage for quite some time, and he's from brampton as well. If you are interested, feel free to PM me, and i can arrange a visit for you. As for scratches, i don't think there are any but you can check that yourself.

I found a 2012 Ninja 250 with 2700km for 3k OTD from snow city. would this be good deal?

Including the taxes? Not too too bad. A month ago I was looking for track bikes (Mostly Ninja 250s) and came across many used ones for $2500. Ones with a few scratches and clearly used for $2100ish. They all had more than 20k on them though.

Back
Top Bottom