Ninja 250r Jetting or Shimming | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 250r Jetting or Shimming

key3thermal

Site Supporter
I'm buying a danmoto Carbon exhaust slip on for my 09 250r. I read that i have to at least shim the needles, or re-jet. I have no idea what any of that is and do not want to attempt on doing it on my own.

Is there anyone here that can do it for me (will be paid), or is there a shop or a dealer that can do it for me.

I want to learn how to do it, so i would prefer not doing it from a shop or the dealer since they don't let you see what they did.

Thanks

it is easy to shim
Remove the tank than remove the 4 screws from the top of the carbs (be careful they are made of cheese)
pull out the diaphragms and needles and insert the shims over the needles
reinstall everything.

I'm buying a danmoto Carbon exhaust slip on for my 09 250r. I read that i have to at least shim the needles, or re-jet. I have no idea what any of that is and do not want to attempt on doing it on my own.

Is there anyone here that can do it for me (will be paid), or is there a shop or a dealer that can do it for me.

I want to learn how to do it, so i would prefer not doing it from a shop or the dealer since they don't let you see what they did.

Thanks

Head over to Ninjette.org forums, and in their Tech section, you'll find a DIY thread with pictures and steps. Easy to do, just a little time consuming. I was done within 3 hours, taking my time. Make sure you have the right tools, as Steve is right, those screws are easy to strip.

I would put the shims UNDER the needle... but that's just me.
You should not have to change ANYTHING for a slip on.

Some ppl on the ninjette forum said you don't need to shim or rejet jt for a slip on. Where are you located anyway?

go to rosey toes and watch and learn. best place in town with all the proper tools. 416-241-2523

Some ppl on the ninjette forum said you don't need to shim or rejet jt for a slip on. Where are you located anyway?

im near finch and hwy 27. I hope i don't have to, i know i will screw something up. With help i might be able to.

Simple job just take your time. The 250 is lean to start with (read my sticky on 250 starting problems) so any sort of pipe/can just exasperates the issue. Hardest part is getting the Kawi fairings off they can be a PIA.

something that the DIY on ninjette doesn't tell you is if you plan to leave the carbs in the bike, you'll need something very small like eyebrow tweezers to get the needles out. I tried 3 different pairs of needlenose pliers and all were far to big. even the tweezers were just barely small enough.

I lifted the diaphams and needles with my fingers with the carbs on the bike. The difference it makes to the way the bike runs is incredible, this is a must do for any 2008+ 250 pipe or not. The needles go thru the shims. As has been said a very easy job.

something that the DIY on ninjette doesn't tell you is if you plan to leave the carbs in the bike, you'll need something very small like eyebrow tweezers to get the needles out. I tried 3 different pairs of needlenose pliers and all were far to big. even the tweezers were just barely small enough.

I managed to find a pair of needle nose at Home depot that just barely worked, but your right...tweezers would have done it better.

I lifted the diaphams and needles with my fingers with the carbs on the bike. The difference it makes to the way the bike runs is incredible, this is a must do for any 2008+ 250 pipe or not. The needles go thru the shims. As has been said a very easy job.

I left the diaphragms in cause everyone said they are expensive to replace if they get messed up.

Back
Top Bottom