Newtonville pits | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newtonville pits

timtune

Site Supporter
Was out to a buddy's place east of Oshawa Saturday and we out to the pits. Circled the place once or twice looking for an entrance before riding around a yellow gate.
We meta guy inside pushing his bike (lost a master link) who said there often and said there are a ton of trails to ride.
At one end we were being approached by a security guard but didn't stay to chat.

Anyone ride here??

I haven't been there for many many years... it gets discussed here every now and then and is a great spot, but illegal to ride there and police visit there periodically to issue tickets etc.

@sighless - been there recently??

Was out to a buddy's place east of Oshawa Saturday and we out to the pits. Circled the place once or twice looking for an entrance before riding around a yellow gate.
We meta guy inside pushing his bike (lost a master link) who said there often and said there are a ton of trails to ride.
At one end we were being approached by a security guard but didn't stay to chat.

Anyone ride here??
I live a km or so from here.

It's strictly off limits now. The town purchased a portion of it and Hydro One owns the rest. The gates and signs are there for a reason. The town and Hydro One pay for security to issue trespass tickets as well as OPP paying regular and frequent visits.

It got out of had during covid, with big trucks with trailers setting up camp at the end of Mail (?) Rd next door to a small equestrian farm(!!!!). Talk about waving a giant fluorescent red flag announcing that you're a doofus. ATV's riding up and down the roads nearby ticked off some people and the trespassing onto active farm fields ****** off the rest.

There are a lot of trails but they're in really rough shape. Whooped out and rutted out and it can be quite wet.

The town has designated, or had it designated it environmentally protected because the ravines and water courses got pretty f'd up by the idiots on their ATV's and SXS's. Plus there was the usual dumping of trash & tires etc. by those too stupid to go to the dump.

Were we lucky to get away w/o being stopped or ticketed??

Were we lucky to get away w/o being stopped or ticketed??
It's pretty early in the season, but the fact that you saw the security guy - you might have been lucky, but I expect he may have just informed you of the situation and let you ride away.

See, everybody loves KLRs.

Thanks ( was riding my KLX but yeah everyone loves the klr)

Back
Top Bottom