New truck? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New truck?

Wingboy

Site Supporter
I've decided to get new wheels to haul the bikes.Pretty sure i'm going to get a Tacoma.Toyota has a great rep for reliability,so i think i'll get 4x4 SR5 in a Access Cab package.The only decision is which motor.I'm leaning towards the 4 banger for fuel economy.It works harder getting up to highway speed,but otherwise not much different than the V6.(driven both)Any input from you peeps?

Btw....my trusty 98 Chev S10 sportside (4.3l vortec,148,00km) with matched tonneau will be for sale.

Tacoma's are good trucks, as are the Tundra's. I would recommend going with the V6 over the I4. Fuel efficiency ends up being the same in the real world, if not probably better for the V6. In big cars, the 4's just have to work that much harder on acceleration where the 6's do it effortlessly.

Looking for a new truck myself, leaning towards f150 crew cab regular bed 5.4 v8 4X4. Tacomas are nice, more expensive I find even for the resales, but maybe they are well built and hold their value for a reason. I've had an f150 before and it never did me wrong, love the v8 power though. You buying brand new?

Tacoma's are good trucks, as are the Tundra's. I would recommend going with the V6 over the I4. Fuel efficiency ends up being the same in the real world, if not probably better for the V6. In big cars, the 4's just have to work that much harder on acceleration where the 6's do it effortlessly.
Noted.Thanks for the reply.

Looking for a new truck myself, leaning towards f150 crew cab regular bed 5.4 v8 4X4. Tacomas are nice, more expensive I find even for the resales, but maybe they are well built and hold their value for a reason. I've had an f150 before and it never did me wrong, love the v8 power though. You buying brand new?
New.This will be the first new vehicle i've bought in 44 years.Haha.

Honda Ridgeline.
Really? Get outta my thread.

He's buying a truck.

No, he's looking for a "truck". That will mostly likely be used as a car but with towing capabilities.

The Ridge fits the bill perfectly. Unless you like the buck board ride of the Tac and the inferior handling.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

No, he's looking for a "truck". That will mostly likely be used as a car but with towing capabilities.

The Ridge fits the bill perfectly. Unless you like the buck board ride of the Tac and the inferior handling.

My post says that i am looking for a truck to haul my bikes.One is track only and the other is competition dirt.How the heck would a trailer work? The Honda Ridgeline is for yuppies and soccer moms.Makes about as much sense as the Cayenne fitting into the truckworld.

My post says that i am looking for a truck to haul my bikes.One is track only and the other is competition dirt.How the heck would a trailer work? The Honda Ridgeline is for yuppies and soccer moms.Makes about as much sense as the Cayenne fitting into the truckworld.

Coming from a company that is the biggest bike maker in the world, it's no surprise that The Ridge is DESIGNED to hold bikes in its bed. Who needs a trailer? If you wish. It tows as well.

Coming from a company that is the biggest bike maker in the world, it's no surprise that The Ridge is DESIGNED to hold bikes in its bed. Who needs a trailer? If you wish. It tows as well.

A moto, stands, tools, spares, canopy, gear, cooler, ramp, tires, etc, etc, etc, in a Ridgeline.. that's impressive.... and unlikely.

Can't argue the facts....

Car and Driver:

Tacoma, "brakes feel weak, cruddy V6 fuel economy, frames not particularly solid feeling, soft brake feel and weak performance, jiggly ride and equally jiggly structure"

Ridge, "huge space for 5 passengers, good fuel economy, clever storage, ease of use, interior comfort"

A moto, stands, tools, spares, canopy, gear, cooler, ramp, tires, etc, etc, etc, in a Ridgeline.. that's impressive.... and unlikely.

hur5vp.jpg

2u6fock.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pic of a Ridgeline loaded well above its towing capacity.

Minivans can tow too. Why not suggest that?

Back
Top Bottom