New Toronto 08 Ninja Rider (Pics) | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Toronto 08 Ninja Rider (Pics)

ae86

New Toronto Ninja 250 rider here. Got my M1 2 weeks ago, and bike 1 week ago. It's a '08 Ninja 250 with 15,000km. Never rode before, total newbie. Planing on signing up to Learning Curves next week.

Bought it certified. So I took it to Ted at Rosey Toes to have a once over. I'm really close to his shop. He oiled the chain, aligned the handle bars, adjusted throttle cable, checked tire pressure, and test drove it. Only $15 and told me it was great shape.

So far I've been out on major streets 3 times mainly around 6pm. Today I took her out in Brampton to see how 80km felt. I'm getting the hang of shifting but have to work on 1st to 2nd. Turning at speed is another one. Been watching Turn of the Wrist 2.

IMG_2174.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2174.JPG
    IMG_2174.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2199.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
Hey welcome, you will enjoy the bike. I find shifting from 1st to 2nd on the 250R to be a little sensitive. You have to have to give it a good strong up shift. Just a litlle more than what is required from say 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th etc. I notice that if I don't dont give it a good upshift , it will drop back into neutral. I just pull the clutch back in and shift again. I havent ridden any other bikes so I'm not sure if this is something common to all bikes or just Kawi's that have what they call the postive neutral finder. Supposedly it's to make it easier for you to find neutral when you need to.

I find shifting from 1st to 2nd on the 250R to be a little sensitive.
On the 250r I borrowed for a day I found this as well. The trick I learned was to shift right as you're pulling the clutch in. If you sit too long with the clutch in before you kick it into second, it doesn't like to go in. If you do it right as you're pulling the clutch in, it just sucks it up right into second, nice and smooth, no clunk no nothing. Shifted like gold after learning that =)

-Jamie M.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome

Thats a nice looking bike.

Back
Top Bottom