New to the site! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to the site!

betchegary

Hey all. I've been riding a long time but am just getting back out after a 12 year hiatus. I moved up north to Nunavut to teach and moved back recently. I have a 1983 Honda Magna V-45 750 that has not been started in 12 years. I just took it out of storage and it might be a while before I can even attempt to start it. I didn't do anything with it before leaving except tuck it away in the back of a unheated garage behind my house. It has the same gas in the tank!

The first thing I have to do is clean and inspect the fuel system including that annoying auxiliary tank under the seat. I might be able to avoid removing it if it isn't too corroded. I'll need to figure out how to see inside it first. The main tank will definitely have to come off and I'll have to remove the rust/corrosion from inside it which is not too bad. There's quite a lot of rust inside the main tank.

The carburators are another story. I'll have to remove them and dismantle and clean and re-install. The throttle is stuck so I assume there's a lot of corrosion in the carburators. Oh my, so much to do but I'm in for the long haul! It's a work in progress but I have lots of time on my hands and I'm looking forward to getting this bike back on the road.

Check out the pic!

Byron.

Attachments

• IMG-2279-2 (1).jpg
    IMG-2279-2 (1).jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 11
Welcome back! Nothing like a little wrenching to get you into the riding season. I love wrenching on my bike, i find it cathartic and rewarding. Sounds like you got some work ahead of you. Nice place to do it too! Time to get yer hands dirty (y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom