New to riding, first bike. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New to riding, first bike.

I just saw a couple of bikes (one is Yamaha R3 in those bright aquamarine and orange colors, and another one is Suzuki rider with Alberta's (!!) license plate) parked outside in front of my building in downtown Toronto and I sorta hanged out around bikes during lunch hoping to see those brave souls with my own eyes but no luck today.
Oh ya, I've been seeing bikes out and about on those (mildly) warmer days.
My cousin has been having some car trouble, so he's been riding his 400 to work every day, while his ZX-6R awaits warmer weather.

I understand the itch - I have been circling my bike for a few days now, like a hungry shark

Congrats on the new ride. Adding a pipe just to make noise makes you more of a heat score and generally just makes the rest of us look bad. If loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.

Congrats on the new ride. Adding a pipe just to make noise makes you more of a heat score and generally just makes the rest of us look bad. If loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing could do.
I hear you, but being a Rebel 500, it won't be loud lol I'm just hoping to get rid of the angry sewing machine sounds.

Welcome ...lots of good advice especially on the mirrors...enjoy - as a new rider tagging up with someone willing to do some rides with you is a good goal.
Mind post winter road conditions too... basic things like staying out of the centre of a lane at stoplights are embedded for riders here - not obvious for you. Blocking positioning too.
Get some saddle time on quiet days out of the city and enjoy the spring. (y) Lots of good used gear out there too.

Back
Top Bottom