New Riders Needs Advice on M1 Exit Road Test | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Riders Needs Advice on M1 Exit Road Test

Sounds like Yammie has it all figured out. Apparently flush with cash and willing to spend whatever it takes to ride an R6 on a learner license, I'm not certain he's asking anything anymore or just trying to impress.

Whatever the case, enjoy your bike dude.

Yeah I knew that from the start, my question was what companies would you recommend calling for quotations and a general price range I should expect.
Right now the only one I have got was basically $12,000 a year, which I think is a bit crazy. So my question was also is this the price range I should expect from all companies or are there ones that are lower in price. I understand I’ll probably be paying anywhere between $4-8 which I’m ok with but $12,000 seems way to high.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Yeah I knew that from the start, my question was what companies would you recommend calling for quotations and a general price range I should expect.
Right now the only one I have got was basically $12,000 a year, which I think is a bit crazy. So my question was also is this the price range I should expect from all companies or are there ones that are lower in price. I understand I’ll probably be paying anywhere between $4-8 which I’m ok with but $12,000 seems way to high.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
12k is a 'bit crazy' ? You're funny. That's pretty much the cost of the bike, and it's per year. Curious to know your trade. I'm in the wrong one, that's for sure. Heart wants what the heart wants I suppose, can't blame you for that.

Edit: companies to call with an M2 would be Mitchel and whale brokers. They can hook you up with facility. TD is another. Can't think of any others that would touch a newly licensed, under 30 rider on a supersport.

Last edited:
Sounds like Yammie has it all figured out. Apparently flush with cash and willing to spend whatever it takes to ride an R6 on a learner license, I'm not certain he's asking anything anymore or just trying to impress.

Whatever the case, enjoy your bike dude.

First of all this wasn’t supposed to be a open thread I meant to private message another member for advice. If I have to wait until I obtain my M2 I will, just wanted to know if there were any companies that would insure me with my m1, I have no problem waiting was just asking questions to a member who seemed knowledgeable and to see if that quote is what I should expect for 2009 r6. But everyone likes to put there two cents in over the internet without knowing the actually person. Impress nobody knows me nor do I know anyone I have no reason to impress, just frustrated with people posting smart ass comments. All I asked was for some information on the topics cited in my first post.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

12k is a 'bit crazy' ? You're funny. That's pretty much the cost of the bike, and it's per year. Curious to know your trade. I'm in the wrong one, that's for sure. Heart wants what the heart wants I suppose, can't blame you for that.

Edit: companies to call with an M2 would be Mitchel and whale brokers. They can hook you up with facility. TD is another. Can't think of any others that would touch a newly licensed, under 30 rider on a supersport.

How is 12k the cost of the bike, it’s a 2009 r6, Try half that.

What a fun discussion here! @YammieR616, you might want to complete the M1X training course first. M1X training certificate was the only option how I was able to get a reasonable rate with M1 licence when I've started. But I started with sport touring, so your case can be very different.

Also, this training might provide really good information and skills for city driving even if you already have experience.

.... What would be a expected quote in your opinion then?
That would require logic to apply, insurance companies don't set their rates based on logic. Heck, we don't even know what our own insurance is going to cost until we get the bill in the mail and then you still need to confirm that they have the bike make and model right.

What a fun discussion here! @YammieR616, you might want to complete the M1X training course first. M1X training certificate was the only option how I was able to get a reasonable rate with M1 licence when I've started. But I started with sport touring, so your case can be very different.

Also, this training might provide really good information and skills for city driving even if you already have experience.

I’m taking the course in a couple weeks, was just asking in the forum if I could get insurance while having my M1 until I get my M2.

I expected to pay a lot but wanted to know what the general range to expect with m1 and then M2.

And I won’t be doing really any city driving.

I'll try:
I’m taking the course in a couple weeks, was just asking in the forum if I could get insurance while having my M1 until I get my M2.
Awesome!
Yes, but not likely on an R6 Yamaha, you need to be riding a bike that is insured, even if it's a borrowed one. You likely do not currently qualify to ride an R6 in the eyes of insurance companies. Unless, it was a borrowed one! :|

"I expected to pay a lot but wanted to know what the general range to expect with m1 and then M2."
Insurance is virtually unavailable for a total beginner R6 rider under the graduated license scheme, by virtue of the rates they would charge you.

"And I won’t be doing really any city driving."
Does not matter the bike has to be insured on all public roads to ride on any public road.

Once you old move to the sticks and keep a five star safety rating 7+ years and have a bunch of stuff insured, it will cost you roughly 800$ per year for minimum coverage on 1 sportbike.

I'll try:

Awesome!
Yes, but not likely on an R6 Yamaha, you need to be riding a bike that is insured, even if it's a borrowed one. You likely do not currently qualify to ride an R6 in the eyes of insurance companies. Unless, it was a borrowed one! :|

"I expected to pay a lot but wanted to know what the general range to expect with m1 and then M2."
Insurance is virtually unavailable for a total beginner R6 rider under the graduated license scheme, by virtue of the rates they would charge you.

"And I won’t be doing really any city driving."
Does not matter the bike has to be insured on all public roads to ride on any public road.

Once you old move to the sticks and keep a five star safety rating 7+ years and have a bunch of stuff insured, it will cost you roughly 800$ per year for minimum coverage on 1 sportbike.

Yes I understand insurance is for all roads, was stating I was not going to be doing much if any city driving due to a statement from a previous post.

Well if that’s the case then I guess I’ll just keep it for a track bike, go from there. We’ll see what some other companies quote once I hear back from them.

In the mean time, buy a Grome and insure it for a few years, that will gain you the rider history they are looking for.

The money you save in 2 or 3 years would probably pay for the Grome, if you sell it for close to what you paid for it once it has done the job of establishing decent rates. If you take good care of it, and don't get tickets. And you have a street legal pit bike plus a race bike for the next couple years ;)

The money you save in 2 or 3 years would probably pay for the Grome, if you sell it for close to what you paid for it once it has done the job of establishing decent rates. If you take good care of it, and don't get tickets. And you have a street legal pit bike plus a race bike for the next couple years ;)

Yeah that’s definitely a good option, might have to go that route, thanks.
But if I can get insurance will ride the r6 lol:p

An old Honda step-through would probably work too if you can find a nice one, those are a hoot to ride and you could just try and beat it to death over the next 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom