New Riders Needs Advice on M1 Exit Road Test | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Riders Needs Advice on M1 Exit Road Test

You know, if you were considering getting insurance for 8k then maybe just buy some 300 (e.g. ninja) for 4k, insurance for 3k and you will save 1k! Plus, you will be able to sell your bike and get back another ~3k in a couple years..

Price out your insurance for the R6 as well as on a used C90, you might see the wisdom in it.

... the point is waiting for your insurance rates to come down isn't going to happen, you need an insurance payment history even if you never rode it.

I understood that. I have to build credit, I guess you can say by actually owning and insuring a bike, that’s why the Honda grom or yeah I guess a 300 idea is likely what I will have to do until my rates drop.
Hopefully though fingers crossed that I can get a premium for the r6 with my M2 that is not 11-12 g’s.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I recently obtained my M1 and I am registered in the M1 exit course to obtain my M2. With just my M1 I am finding it extremely difficult to obtain insurance coverage and/or have been given crazy annual prices to get insurance on my newly purchased yamaha R6. If you don't mind me asking which insurance company will insure me with just my M1 until I complete my safety/training course, which i am registered in already. I also have been riding dirt bikes for years and have rode friends motorcycles in the past when i had my M1 but let expire as I was not planning on getting a bike at that time. I know that they can't take that into account, but I have experience in riding motorcycles which is making the situation frustrating as i would like to go out and ride/practise.
Any information will be appreciated, thanks.
Hey sorry for the long wait. DT insured me through Echelon. I haven't read the posts after yours towards me yet, but the reason you're having an issue being insured is probably because you have an R6. SS bikes in general seem to be extremely hard on the wallet, if an insurer will even take the risk on you. :/

Hey sorry for the long wait. DT insured me through Echelon. I haven't read the posts after yours towards me yet, but the reason you're having an issue being insured is probably because you have an R6. SS bikes in general seem to be extremely hard on the wallet, if an insurer will even take the risk on you. :/

Yeah it’s because it is a ss, I will try Dt and I can’t get a price lower then $8000, I will have to just use the r6 for the track and purchase a grom in the meantime as another member stated, I actually wouldn’t mind riding a grom can ride on the streets and do abit of off road riding, would probably go that route instead of a 250or 300.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom