New riders and 250's | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New riders and 250's

I ride a 600 drive a V8 and started on a 650cc.... why? because I like getting laid

I ride a 600 drive a V8 and started on a 650cc.... why? because I like getting laid

So you can't get laid without your car and your bike? Sad ....

So you can't get laid without your car and your bike? Sad ....

sorry I can't hear you over my sweet v8 exhuast note, or read your post with my girlfriends huge fake tits in my face blinding me.

sorry I can't hear you over my sweet v8 exhuast note, or read your post with my girlfriends huge fake tits in my face blinding me.

She does have nice tities... fake but nice... I would know :lol:

Sorry dude, you're just setting yourself up for **** like this. But keep'em coming!

She does have nice tities... fake but nice... I would know :lol:

Sorry dude, you're just setting yourself up for **** like this. But keep'em coming!

oh good so you're a member of the AIDS club too, we meet on wednesdays.

michael-jackson-popcorn.gif

Pic of said gf's tatay's.

I always wrap it in candy man. See my sig.

rubers are about as bad as reflective vests in the cool/sexy department, see other thread.

rubers are about as bad as reflective vests in the cool/sexy department, see other thread.

Kids are worse. I never did come though, then again that wrapper saved me from dealing with the Wednesday night meets... and the pain of having to take a leak..

Last edited:
Switching to a bike because of fuel prices is not exactly a common practice as the weather here prevents most from riding all year round and paying extra insurance, maintenance, gear, etc., on a motorcycle is not saving money. Some bikes burn quite a bit of fuel anyhow, in the range of 6-7 litres a hundred which is comparable to a new, economy class car. People will still use a car anyhow when it rains, when they don't feel so well, when it gets cold, when they're shopping. In reality, the amount of days spent on a bike is not that huge and you end up riding it for leisure a lot as well which adds to your gas bill.

With that said, the market is still going away from small bikes, despite the introduction of CBR250.
When it comes to sport bikes there's the CBR125, 250, Ninja 250, 400, GS500. That's it. 5 options.
Yamaha doesn't even bother making one. It's also a shame Kawasaki discontinued the EX500. Should've just updated it a bit and put some better looking fairings and a head light on it. It would still sell well on the strength of its reputation. People are iffy on the Ninja 400 as it's the same bike as the 650, just underpowered, for not that much less money.

North Americans were always thinking bigger equals better. We could use more diversity here. There are some Japanese and European bikes that I would love to see on this continent.

And they'd be right on both accounts. Compared to a car, a motorcycle is absolutely far more dangerous and way more impractical. I can carry more groceries on foot than on a bike.
icon_lol.gif

don't generalize ....104 litres is a LOT of groceries IN MY bike ;)

With that said, the market is still going away from small bikes, despite the introduction of CBR250.
When it comes to sport bikes there's the CBR125, 250, Ninja 250, 400, GS500. That's it. 5 options.

If there was a graduated licensing scheme where new riders were forced to lower CC or Horsepower classes for the first 2 yrs etc, then there would be a wider range market. Other jurisdictions/countries use this licensing system. - ie. Australian States, New Zealand , UK etc

I might get flamed for this but I'm loving the high gas prices. More and more people are switching over to bikes to save on gas which means more bikes on the road which means more drivers being alert and safer for all of us!!
I don't get this, who says that riding saves on gas??

let me illustrate - it costs me over 20 bucks to fill my tank (17 lts), I have to do it every 220 km. It costs me 50 bucks to fill my car and I can go 600 km

Do the math!

Not including all the stupid riding I do for no reason just because I have a bike and would have never done in my car...Bikes make you use more gas!!

I don't get this, who says that riding saves on gas??

let me illustrate - it costs me over 20 bucks to fill my tank (17 lts), I have to do it every 220 km. It costs me 50 bucks to fill my car and I can go 600 km

Do the math!

Not including all the stupid riding I do for no reason just because I have a bike and would have never done in my car...Bikes make you use more gas!!

Except that any expenditures from riding purely for pleasure have to transferred from the transportation column and moved under entertainment. I haven't "done the math" but it's probably cheaper than, say, going to the movies once you factor in the cost of a ticket (and your date's?), gas, snacks, parking, etc.

Last edited:
Ok my 2 cents.... I ride from April to November on a Ninja 250, been doing this for the last year. Sold a big SUV and bought a small used Toyota Echo to drive in winter and when I carry passengers or more cargo than the bike can carry. The SUV sale allowed me to owe nothing on car or bike.
I fill the bike once a week for the Mon to Fri commute (400 Km total which is about what I get per tank of gas on the bike). Since I don't use up the reserve, I will fill about 14L a week, so roughly $18 - $20.

The car eats $55 a week in gas, so the savings in gas alone pays for the bike and insurance. Worth it for me, as I want to get my M. Once I get that it's permanent and will add another mode of transport just in case things really get tight and I need to abandon the car all together. Plus I have always been on 2 wheels (mtb mainly and road bike for training), so this continues the hobby and stress relief.

Back
Top Bottom