New riders and 250's | GTAMotorcycle.com

New riders and 250's

jay-d

Site Supporter
This makes me happy.

I remember when I was getting my first bike (in 2003), the only decent option was a Ninja 500EX that didn't look like ***.. but I settled for a 1987 Interceptor 500 cause that's all I could afford :lmao:.

It's great that manufacturers are catering to the entry level crowd so novice riders can build skill and confidence while riding a decent looking machine!!

I might get flamed for this but I'm loving the high gas prices. More and more people are switching over to bikes to save on gas which means more bikes on the road which means more drivers being alert and safer for all of us!!

Good for you new riders on buying a 250cc and not opting for a 600RR or an R6! :thumbup:

I don't know a single person who has "switched" to motorcycles to save gas. I don't know anyone who has switched from a car to a motorcycle at all, actually.

I know four people already and that's just in my close circle of friends that are selling their V6's and V8's to buy a smaller car and get a bike for the summer!

So they're not switching to motorcycles, they're switching to smaller more fuel efficient cars. Understood.

I did hear on the news that riding courses are going up in sales along with the sale of scooters. I for one would like to see more people opt for motorcycles but really dont see that happening anytime soon.

So they're not switching to motorcycles, they're switching to smaller more fuel efficient cars. Understood.

No, you obviously didn't. They're switching to smaller, fuel efficient cars as winter beaters and motorcycles in the summer. Understand now? :)

I hear a lot of people "say" they'd like to do this, but have yet to see one who actually has. I'm the only rider in my office(>100 people) and it will probably stay that way.

oh yeah...gas prices are ridiculously over priced that I sold my 600 and got a 125 instead :rolleyes:

It'll happen, and with it more casual driving segments. I wouldn't doubt that 3 and 4 wheel bikes coming down the factory line. Not to mention automatic bike transmissions.

Right, they're switching to smaller more fuel efficient cars. We're in agreement.

Am I the only one thinking with the glass half full? Damn.. way to rain on my parade and hope for more riders!

Maybe it's just whoever I'm talking to, but nonetheless that's four new riders on the road! Woo!

Right, they're switching to smaller more fuel efficient cars. We're in agreement.

Lol.. stubborn guy! Fine, yes, we're in agreement on one of the two.

I personally don't hope or care to see more riders on the road. Not sure why that brings you pleasure.

Still new riders on 600s spending more time in the incoming traffic lane than their lane.

I don't know a single person who has "switched" to motorcycles to save gas. I don't know anyone who has switched from a car to a motorcycle at all, actually.

Moved downtown and ditched my car for a scooter. Made more sense.

From there i bought a bike.

You're one of the very few who commute year-round on a bike then. Or you walk and take transit when it gets cold?

I hear a lot of people "say" they'd like to do this, but have yet to see one who actually has. I'm the only rider in my office(>100 people) and it will probably stay that way.

yup. after i bought a bike, a lot of my friends started saying they wanted one and were going to buy one. not one has followed through.

You're one of the very few who commute year-round on a bike then. Or you walk and take transit when it gets cold?

i ride as soon as the snow'd mostly gone and until early/mid december where it comes back.
during the winter i take the TTC or walk. I live and work right in the core though. everything i need is pretty close by. If i lived in the burbs, then it would be another story. ;)

Yeah so you traded your year-round car for a part-time bike and public transit. I guess that works for some people but to me it sounds like a pretty big sacrifice... one I'd make only if I was heavily strapped for cash.

yup. after i bought a bike, a lot of my friends started saying they wanted one and were going to buy one. not one has followed through.

I think it seems like a really cool idea to people, but they post rationalize as being too dangerous or too impractical.

but they post rationalize as being too dangerous or too impractical.

And they'd be right on both accounts. Compared to a car, a motorcycle is absolutely far more dangerous and way more impractical. I can carry more groceries on foot than on a bike. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom