New Rider. | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider.

Shakkari

Hi everyone. My name is David and am 70 years old. On Father's Day my son gave me a grand surprise, a Honda VTX 1300 S 2003 with 47k - it is in mint condition. So got my licenses etc and now I am at M2 - I have already clocked in about 1500k. Not a speed demon anymore but enjoy the country side at about 80 to 90 kph. Now I am trying to winterise it but will take out for a spin whenever weather primitts. I have done some basic maintenance on it. Today I changed the rear shock bushings and the oil in the final drive. Next week will try and service the rear wheel coupler. Then it's good for another 30k - It's a Honda it goes forever. I think I have said enough. All the best and stay safe.

Welcome, David!
Have you ridden before or is this your first bike?

Solid looking bike you got there : )

preview-928x522.jpg

very nice, welcome, id hesitate to give someone that old advice but, be careful around intersections and see if you can wear bright gear

Welcome. I owned the exact bike up until this spring, put nearly 100,000km on it inside the 4.5 years or so I owned it. Never let me down, the VTX's are like Timex's.

I would like to thank you all for welcoming to the forum. Really enjoy reading the articles and the experiences of other members. The roads are dry today why not a spin around neighbourhood. I hate winterising it.

Back
Top Bottom